Spaceship 1

Old June 23rd 04, 02:13 AM
starlord

Default Spaceship 1

I was at Mojave Space Port watching the take off and landing.

Spaceship 1 was basicly desigened for the X-prize, if it's used after that,
it'll be for reseach and paid rides to the edge of space.

While they would not say anything about it, they are already looking at a
New Craft that someday would reach low earth orbit.

At the landing, a man from the FAA signed the papers that made Mojave
Airport into the Mojave Space Port / Space Flight Test Center.

The first such landlocked center in the USA.

Old June 23rd 04, 03:15 AM
Jon Kickerston

This "ship" thing is a complete waste of time and money, IMO. Thank
goodness it's being privately funded and not coming from my pocket.

Jon

Old June 23rd 04, 04:42 AM
Paul Lawler

"Jon Kickerston" wrote in message
link.net...
This "ship" thing is a complete waste of time and money, IMO. Thank
goodness it's being privately funded and not coming from my pocket.

Funny thing is... that's what they said about Orville and Wilbur, too.

Old June 23rd 04, 04:49 AM
starlord

And now that I've got my new hard drive and have updated my software, I can
put you back in the Killfile where I had you before.

You wouldn't have let the people of the old world search for anything new.

Old June 23rd 04, 11:40 AM
Fred Garvin

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:15:25 +0000, Jon Kickerston wrote:

This "ship" thing is a complete waste of time and money, IMO. Thank
goodness it's being privately funded and not coming from my pocket.

Jon

Thank goodness you're not running it.

Old June 23rd 04, 03:40 PM
starlord

Just think about it, if he's gotten any kind of MS software, he did help pay
for it, after all the co-founder of MS paid the $20 million cost of the
project.

news