Before the Big Bang?

Old September 10th 06, 10:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
George Dishman[_1_]

Default Before the Big Bang?

"Ahmed Ouahi, Architect" wrote in message

So we do not know what the world was like back then
Either way it does not seem very conducive to life

For a few hundred thousand years _after_ the bang,
all the matter in the universe was in the form of
hot hydrogen/helium plasma, similar to the present
surface of the Sun. No life could have existed, in
fact not even any form of solid matter.

But there must have been something that suited life
Otherwise we would not be here

Think again.

George

Old September 10th 06, 10:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Davoud[_2_]

Chris L Peterson wrote:

Something like this question may be answerable.

I hope so!

Time is a property of
our universe, and it began when the universe began, so the concept of
"before" isn't easily defined.

Hmmmm. My reading and listening tell me that it is not known if time
began at the BB, or if time existed prior to the BB and the BB was an
event that occurred at a certain point in time. Tough question, but
perhaps answerable one day.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig *dawt* com
Old September 10th 06, 10:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Sorcerer[_3_]

"Mark F." wrote in message
| God said let there be light.
| that is one option.

Genesis, the First Book of Minkowski.

Chapter I.

1.. Once upon a tau-time in the beginning Einstein created the Big Bang.

2.. And the Big Bang was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the
face of the spacetime. And the Spirit of Einstein moved upon the face of the
spacetime.

3.. And Einstein said, "Let there be light at one velocity only": and
there was light at one velocity only.

4.. And Einstein saw the light, that it was good: and Einstein divided the
light from the darkness.

5.. And Einstein called the light c, and the darkness He called Newtonian
Mechanics. And the time tau and the time t were the first day.

6.. And Einstein said, Let there be a spacetime continuum in the midst of
the spacetime, and let it divide the spacetime from the spacetime.

7.. And Einstein made the spacetime continuum, and divided the spacetime
which were under the spacetime continuum from the spacetime which were above
the spacetime continuum: and it was so.

Full text:
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...is/Genesis.htm

Androcles

Old September 10th 06, 10:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect

However, what you said, was a just a technically speaking, whether, it
allows to turn around a possible similarity betweem a biolology matter and
the universe itself, whether, as for instance, any biochemical process and
extremelly any environmental conditions, as for instance, along their
combinations, which would determine any reactions as any overreaction along
the universe.

Therefore, all the chemical molecules, that has had made the atmosphere,
along that matter, would be allowed a possibility, at least to try to
figure, that it has had been, along that matter, a definitely allowed to
diminish the sun by a just to make it a farther as to allow the creations to
get, more or less, an appropriate sunlight, for appropriate life as to allow
a most of anything to be a visible, a definitely as a matter a fact.

P.S- along some cases, the thinking delay the perception!

--
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
Think About That!

Old September 10th 06, 10:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
kenseto[_1_]

"Radium" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

The answer to your question is in the paper entitled "The Origin of the
Universe as Interpreted by Model Mechanics" in my website:
http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/index.htm

Ken Seto

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet its so interesting.

Regards,

Radium

Old September 10th 06, 11:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Radium

Davoud wrote:
Chris L Peterson wrote:

Something like this question may be answerable.

I hope so!

Time is a property of
our universe, and it began when the universe began, so the concept of
"before" isn't easily defined.

Hmmmm. My reading and listening tell me that it is not known if time
began at the BB, or if time existed prior to the BB and the BB was an
event that occurred at a certain point in time. Tough question, but
perhaps answerable one day.

For some reason [that I can't figure out myself], I believe that time
did exist before the BB and that BB was as you say "an event that
occurred at a certain point in time".

AFAIK, the BB was the most major event known to science, however it
does not mean that BB was the start of time.

It just so happens that we [scientists] haven't discovered anything
prior to the big bang.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig *dawt* com

Old September 10th 06, 11:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Joe S.[_2_]

"Radium" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet its so interesting.

Regards,

Radium

Well, it all started with a really big turtle holding the earth on his back
.. . .

Old September 10th 06, 11:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Chris L Peterson

On 10 Sep 2006 15:29:51 -0700, "Radium" wrote:

AFAIK, the BB was the most major event known to science, however it
does not mean that BB was the start of time.

It just so happens that we [scientists] haven't discovered anything
prior to the big bang.

That's not true. Everything we know about physics breaks down very close
to the BB, including time. Time is generally seen as a component of our
universe just as the spatial dimensions are. It really makes no sense to
consider time as something which existed "before" the BB, anymore than
it makes sense to consider space as having existed. As sentient
inhabitants of _this_ universe, our intuition is shaped by its laws, and
we have a hard time separating causality and time. But there is no
reason there has to be a "before" the BB in any sense that we can grasp
non-mathematically.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old September 11th 06, 12:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Sam Wormley

kenseto wrote:
"Radium" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

The answer to your question is in the paper entitled "The Origin of the
Universe as Interpreted by Model Mechanics" in my website:
http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/index.htm

Ken Seto

Seto's immortal fumbles
http://www.google.com/search?q=seto+...ers.pandora.be

Seto is a registered crank at crank dot net
http://www.google.com/search?q=seto+...Awww.crank.net
Old September 11th 06, 02:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Uno

Energy equal to the total of matter and anti-matter.

"George Dishman" wrote in message

"Sco" wrote in message
news
From the conservation of energy and matter, before the big bang there was
energy.

In most models, the gravitational potential
energy is equal and opposite to the matter
and other forms hence the prior total was
zero.

George