Where can I buy a new LX90 handset....?

Old October 4th 05, 09:53 PM
Gaz

Default Where can I buy a new LX90 handset....?

Hi All,

My LX90 handset looks as though it might be dead, can someone direct me
to where I can get a new one from in the UK should this prove to be the
case?

Cheers
GAZ

Old October 4th 05, 10:05 PM
Chris Taylor

"Gaz" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi All,

My LX90 handset looks as though it might be dead, can someone direct me
to where I can get a new one from in the UK should this prove to be the
case?

Cheers
GAZ

Try this first for the LX90:

If the firmware in your Autostar crashes and you
cannot access the "DOWNLOAD" menu item on your
handbox, you can use the "SAFE LOADER" feature of
your new Autostar software

Note:
To get into SAFE LOAD, follow these simple steps:

1. Make sure the Autostar and Telescope are turned off.

For an Autostar Handbox: (ETX, #495, #497, etc.)

2. Press and hold the "ENTER" key and the Scroll
Down Key located to the right of the help key
on the Autostar handbox.

3. While depressing both keys, turn on your Telescope
power switch.

You will need both hands to accomplish this.

You should see "FLASH LOAD READY" on your display.
You may see a version number following the
"FLASH LOAD". In this case the display would read
"FLASH LOAD 2.0 READY". Either of these display
formats indicates that you can proceed to Update
your Autostar with new software.

If this doesn't work, I've seen a handset for sale somewhere and it was
pretty reasonably priced too. From a camera shop in Basingstoke if I
remember correctly. I just need to rack my brain to remember where..

See how you get on with the above first though.

Regards

Chris

Old October 4th 05, 10:17 PM
Gaz

Thanks for the tip Chris, no luck I'm afaid, still dead.

Gaz

Old October 4th 05, 10:31 PM
Chris Taylor

"Gaz" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks for the tip Chris, no luck I'm afaid, still dead.

Gaz

Not sure when I'll be back in Basingstoke but here's a few starters. I seem
to remember it being cheaper though?

www.greenwich-observatory.co.uk
#497 Autostar Computer Controller
Ref: MEA-07436
OUCH!!
Price: £169.99 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)

http://www.skyviewoptics.co.uk
Autostar #497 Autostar
Stock Code 07436
mmm...
#497 Autostar Handset £127.95

http://www.acecameras.co.uk
Meade Autostar
£125.00

Regards

Chris

Old October 4th 05, 10:35 PM
Gaz

Thanks Chris.

Old October 5th 05, 05:39 PM
Mark Ayliffe

On or about 2005-10-04,
Gaz illuminated us with:

Hi All,

My LX90 handset looks as though it might be dead, can someone direct me
to where I can get a new one from in the UK should this prove to be the
case?

I think I've seen them in the past on astrobuysell. Ah, that'll be your
wanted ad on there then...

--
Mark
Real email address | Auditor: A person sent in after the battle to
Old October 6th 05, 09:31 AM
Paul B

Hi GAZ,

E-bay can often be a good source for used (cheap) autostars, and also check
some of the UK astro "for sale" sites too, and possibly place a "wanted" ad.

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/
or
http://www.astronomy-uk.co.uk/

Very best wishes and clear, dark skies.

--

/Paul B, York, UK.

York Astronomical Society
www.yorkastro.co.uk

LX90 First Light ag73 UK Astronomy 3 July 29th 05 07:25 PM
LX90 wedge Grimble Gromble UK Astronomy 7 November 22nd 04 07:11 PM
Warning possible ebay scam...(on LX90) vic20owner Amateur Astronomy 5 September 17th 04 05:26 PM
Meade LX90 8" SCT and kit Mark UK Astronomy 4 August 8th 04 08:50 PM
Help LX90 Autostar quirk Darrell M UK Astronomy 2 November 16th 03 05:05 PM