Marks & Spencer selling telescopes now

Old November 22nd 03, 04:57 PM
Bill Muskett

Default Marks & Spencer selling telescopes now

I was in M&S in Manchester yesterday and they had a display set up with
2 telescopes on it. One was a 50x350 refractor for £35 and the second
was an 80x400 refractor for £79. The second had 6mm and 20mm eyepieces,
a table top tripod and a carry case.

Searching on the M&S website I found one of them
http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...uct_Id=1195152
but I think they've got a picture of the 50x350 with the specs of the
80x400 because the one I saw was all black.

Bill

Old November 22nd 03, 10:48 PM
Chris.B

"pete" wrote in message ...
Ive just got in from Asda and there selling Meade Scopes !
"Bill Muskett" wrote in message
I was in M&S in Manchester yesterday and they had a display set up with
2 telescopes on it. One was a 50x350 refractor for £35 and the second
was an 80x400 refractor for £79. The second had 6mm and 20mm eyepieces,
a table top tripod and a carry case.

Searching on the M&S website I found one of them

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...uct_Id=1195152
but I think they've got a picture of the 50x350 with the specs of the
80x400 because the one I saw was all black.

Bill

I just got back from Aldi and they're selling AstroPhysics. Where
will it all end? ;-)

Chris.B

Old November 23rd 03, 01:49 AM
Petel

"Paul Richardson" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:07:29 +0000 (UTC), "Helen"
wrote:

I brought mine from costco a few weeks ago celstron nexstar 114 with goto
for £164.

Netto has got full size Saturn Five rockets for £39.99 for a box of
six.
Lunar modules are extra - they have to be specially made 'cos they
were actually only ever a figment of NASA's imagination.

Paul

Toy`s `R `Us are selling Millenium Falcons and Enterprise`s at really cheap
prices.

Don`t mean I`m gonna nip to the next galaxy and say hello to the reletives
in one!

Then again........;-)

--
Petel .
02 M2 Buell.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peteh1/website/index.html

Old November 23rd 03, 04:13 AM
Martin Frey

Bill Muskett wrote:

I was in M&S in Manchester yesterday and they had a display set up with
2 telescopes on it. One was a 50x350 refractor for £35 and the second
was an 80x400 refractor for £79. The second had 6mm and 20mm eyepieces,
a table top tripod and a carry case.

Searching on the M&S website I found one of them
http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...uct_Id=1195152
but I think they've got a picture of the 50x350 with the specs of the
80x400 because the one I saw was all black.

Bill

So are the Science Museum - one for 40 quid, another for a tenner.
They should know better - but I haven't been for 15 years and hadn't
realised how sad the place had become. Astronomy equlas rockets and
space vehicles and that's it matey.

-----------------------------
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 01 52.2 E 0 47 21.1
-----------------------------
Old November 23rd 03, 11:52 PM
Kipper

"pete" wrote in message
Ive just got in from Asda and there selling Meade Scopes !

You pulling our leg? What type and how much?

Cheers
--
K.

Old November 24th 03, 03:10 AM
Yunus

"Bill Muskett" wrote in message
I was in M&S in Manchester yesterday and they had a display set up with
2 telescopes on it. One was a 50x350 refractor for £35 and the second
was an 80x400 refractor for £79. The second had 6mm and 20mm eyepieces,
a table top tripod and a carry case.

Searching on the M&S website I found one of them

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...nt_Id=1&Sectio
n_Id=1703&Product_Id=1195152
but I think they've got a picture of the 50x350 with the specs of the
80x400 because the one I saw was all black.

Bill

Well, just look at apertures of those instruments!

Where else can you find an OTA with an aperture of 400mm for under £100?

---