M101 in 70mm bins

Old September 13th 07, 11:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
OG

Default M101 in 70mm bins

Last weekend, South East Wales ( LLanbedr near Crickhowell).

No visible sructure, but a distinct faint fuzzy patch. I didn't have a star
chart to hand at the time, but looking at CdC now it's quite obvious that I
had the right thing.

I guess it must have been a pretty dark sky.

The following morning I mounted the bins on the tripod and watched the whole
lot topple over and break part of the focussing mechanism. Damn!

Bins... Tulpa Satellites 0 March 17th 07 11:55 PM
Stopping down an 80mm to 70mm Mike Thomas Amateur Astronomy 0 July 18th 06 04:10 AM
Which? TeleVue's 60mm apo or decent 70mm binoculars? Richard Amateur Astronomy 8 June 24th 04 11:22 PM
Bins Stuart Turrell UK Astronomy 2 May 18th 04 08:20 AM
Orion's "Transporter" (70mm F5 telescope) Jerome Bigge Amateur Astronomy 1 April 27th 04 01:45 PM