Northern lights

Old October 6th 10, 02:05 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
CJ

Default Northern lights

There is a good chance that the aurora will be seen in the northern
latitudes over the next few days. It is usually more prevalent during the
equinoxes as the Earth's and Sun magnetic fields interact to produce the
lights. There is also a new Moon at the moment so it will not drown out the
lights. For more information go to Wikipedia and search for Aurora.
I hope that from my latitude of 53.5 degrees north I may get lucky and see
some sight of this free and fantastic show over the next week.