Potential Auroral event happening now !

Old August 3rd 10, 11:02 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Potential Auroral event happening now !

http://portal.cssdp.ca:8080/ssdp/sta...val/index.html

Best of luck seeing anything through the cloud...!
Old August 4th 10, 02:24 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
James Harris

On 3 Aug, 23:02, " wrote:
http://portal.cssdp.ca:8080/ssdp/sta...val/index.html

Best of luck seeing anything through the cloud...!

Thanks for posting this. I checked outside but as you suspected, the
clouds rule. :-(

James
Old August 4th 10, 08:07 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
David Entwistle[_4_]

In message
,
James Harris writes
On 3 Aug, 23:02, " wrote:
http://portal.cssdp.ca:8080/ssdp/sta...val/index.html

Best of luck seeing anything through the cloud...!

Thanks for posting this. I checked outside but as you suspected, the
clouds rule. :-(

James

Hi,

Auroawatch showed a slight geomagnetic disturbance, measured from
Lancaster UK, centred around 2010 08 03 ~23:00 UT - 2010 08 04 00:00
UT..

http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/

I'm no expert, but from previous events, I guess that such a disturbance
wouldn't result in a visible display at that latitude. Either way it was
also cloudy here, just down the road north of Preston...

--
David Entwistle
Old August 4th 10, 11:09 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
a l l y

wrote in message
http://portal.cssdp.ca:8080/ssdp/sta...val/index.html

Best of luck seeing anything through the cloud...!

Well we've got a lovely clear sky here in Cumbria - clearest night sky we've
had all summer in fact - but apart from stars and a nice nautical twilight
there's not much to see. I'll keep checking though - nice just to see some
stars for a change!

ally