ASTRO: vdB 145

Old July 9th 13, 06:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: vdB 145

vdB 145/GN 21.41.8.03 is a small reflection nebula around the star 8th
magnitude F2II-III or A7 star HD 206887 in northeastern Cygnus. I was
surprised to find such a difference in spectral class for the star.
Color in my image is rather red for a F2 star so I tend to break with
SIMBAD and go with the A7 classification I found in
http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-3881/...0462.text.html
as it better fits what I'm seeing in my image. There's even less
information on the nebula itself. I found no distance estimates at all
for the star or nebula. In fact I found very little at all on it. It
seems the Rodney Dangerfield of reflection nebula with nearly everyone
(Tom Davis a rare exception) ignoring it. It is rather overshadowed by
far more spectacular nebula in the area. The glare from such a bright
star on such a small nebula doesn't help the situation. Tom's image of
it is at: http://www.tvdavisastropics.com/astr...s-1_0000f0.htm .

Again weather took its share of photons. I again had to throw out more
data than I used though did manage to get 10 sort of usable frames. I
think, while the color data is thin due to a lot of clouds the color
isn't skewed as much as in some other images taken about this same time.
The luminance data is hurt by the clouds so the image doesn't begin to
go as deep as I'd wanted. But it did hold down the glare from the
illuminating star so that helped.

This is my first October, 2013 image so I am making progress with my
backlog thanks to all this rotten weather in 2012 and continuing in
2013. The rest of 2012 was poor so I should make a lot of progress this
summer.

Rick
--
Prefix is correct. Domain is arvig dot net

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VDB145L4X10RGB2X10.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	603.5 KB
ID:	4658  Click image for larger version

Name:	VDB145L4X10RGB2X10CROP1336.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	4659