Walt Anderson arrested?

Old March 1st 05, 12:33 AM
Jim Davis

Default Walt Anderson arrested?

There have been reports that Walt Anderson, the backer of Rotary
Rocket, MirCorp, and Orbital Recovery has been arrested for income
tax evasion?

Can anyone supply details or a link to a news service report that
doesn't require signing up?

Thanks,

Jim Davis
Old March 1st 05, 01:56 AM
Joann Evans

Rand Simberg wrote:

On 1 Mar 2005 00:33:10 GMT, in a place far, far away, Jim Davis
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

There have been reports that Walt Anderson, the backer of Rotary
Rocket, MirCorp, and Orbital Recovery has been arrested for income
tax evasion?

Can anyone supply details or a link to a news service report that
doesn't require signing up?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7046153/

Bad news for the entrepreneurial space community. First Dennis Tito,
and now this.

What's Dennis said to have done? I missed this...

--

You know what to remove, to reply....
Old March 1st 05, 02:21 AM
Eric Chomko

:
: Can anyone supply details or a link to a news service report that
: doesn't require signing up?

: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7046153/

: Bad news for the entrepreneurial space community. First Dennis Tito,
: and now this.

What about Tito? I could find nothing that is akin to an arrest.

Eric
Old March 1st 05, 03:34 AM
Mondale Proxmire

Good thing Eliot picked up a few tricks from the past. There's nothing
better for a Democratic candidate that bashing those elitists in space
related activities. Perhaps a Halliburton connection can be found...

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:56:39 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7046153/

Bad news for the entrepreneurial space community. First Dennis Tito,
and now this.

What's Dennis said to have done? I missed this...

Eliot Spitzer has been harrassing him for securities violations. It's
prevented him from investing in at least one space firm.

Old March 1st 05, 05:31 AM
Rand Simberg

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 02:21:21 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my

: There have been reports that Walt Anderson, the backer of Rotary
: Rocket, MirCorp, and Orbital Recovery has been arrested for income
: tax evasion?
:
: Can anyone supply details or a link to a news service report that
: doesn't require signing up?

:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7046153/

: Bad news for the entrepreneurial space community. First Dennis Tito,
: and now this.

What about Tito? I could find nothing that is akin to an arrest.

He hasn't been arrested, but he's been legally harrassed to the point
that investments he's planned haven't occurred.
Old March 1st 05, 04:54 PM
Rand Simberg

On 1 Mar 2005 00:33:10 GMT, in a place far, far away, Jim Davis
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

There have been reports that Walt Anderson, the backer of Rotary
Rocket, MirCorp, and Orbital Recovery has been arrested for income
tax evasion?

Can anyone supply details or a link to a news service report that
doesn't require signing up?

Here's more from the Gray Lady:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/28/bu...28cnd-tax.html