Those Low Down Synta Blues

Old December 9th 03, 02:49 AM
John Kulczycki

Default Those Low Down Synta Blues

I wrote this for a friend who sold his Synta.

Just your basic blues go around.

Those Low Down Synta Blues

Well I ain't got no more blues,
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues,
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues,
since I got me a TeleVue.

Well my TeleVue's so fine,
she keep me up all the night
My TeleVue's so fine,
she keep me up all the night
If I stay out one more night,
my wife be lookin for a fight.

Well I ain't got no more blues
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues
since I got me a TeleVue.

Copyright John Kulczycki 2003

Old December 9th 03, 01:54 PM
Randy Roy

John Kulczycki wrote in message ...
Those Low Down Synta Blues

since I got me a TeleVue.

Hmm. I don't know. I'm from Memphis, the home of the Blues, and this
doesn't sound like them. It would be an easy chore for me to drive
down to the Mississippi delta, down to the "crossroads" and see if I
could make you a deal--worked for ol' Robert Johnson, until he up and
died.

You ain't already made you a deal, have you? I mean that Televue's a
pretty nice scope.

You heard of the Crossroads and Robert Johnson? Now that man had the
blues.

Randy
Old December 9th 03, 02:05 PM
Indianaradio

Don't quit your day job.
Old December 9th 03, 04:50 PM
Starstuffed

Randy Roy wrote in message
m...
John Kulczycki wrote in message

You heard of the Crossroads and Robert Johnson? Now that man had the
blues.

Back in my youth, I fancied myself as a fairly good blues guitarist and
played in a number of bands which, for the most part, played the blues. All
of them covered Cream's version of "Crossroads" which is actually an
interpretation of Johnson's original. For those that are interested, here
are the lyrics with some additional notes (pun intended) attached:

Cream's (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker) version:

I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees.
Down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees.
Asked the Lord above for mercy, "Save me if you please."
I went down to the crossroads, tried to flag a ride.
Down to the crossroads, tried to flag a ride.
Nobody seemed to know me, everybody passed me by.
Well I'm going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side.
Going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side.
You can still barrelhouse, baby, on the riverside.
Going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side.
Going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side.
You can still barrelhouse, baby, on the riverside.
You can run, you can run, tell my friend-boy, Willie Brown.*
Run, you can run, tell my friend-boy, Willie Brown.*
And I'm staying at the crossroads, believe I'm sinking down.

The above lyrics and following information is found at www.metrolyrics.com
*The original transcription used "friend boy", after viewing some sheet
music I changed it to "friend poor". This is a common transcription of
Eric's rendition, however after listening closely on the remastered "Those
Were the Days" it is definitely "friend-boy" as in Johnson's take 2 version
(which I'm listening to as I write this as I have at last purchased "The
Complete Recordings" box set). The confusion is caused by Eric mimicing
Johnson's accent on the "boy". Friend-boy is a dialectic substitute for
boyfriend and Willie Brown was a very generous teacher of the blues to
Robert.
It is also interesting how Eric has substantially reworked the lyrics, a
traditional blues activity shown by the variation in Johnson's own
consecutive takes. The "Going down to Rosedale" verse is actually lifted
from Johnson's musically related "Traveling Riverside Blues" and Eric's riff
also seems to be partly derived from that song.

The original:

Cross Road Blues
by Robert Johnson (rec 27/11/1936, San Antonio, Texas)

I went down to the crossroad, fell down on my knees
I went down to the crossroad, fell down on my knees
Asked the Lord above "Have mercy, save poor Bob, if you please."

Mmmmm, standin' at the crossroad, I tried to flag a ride
Standin' at the crossroad, I tried to flag a ride
Didn't nobody seem to know me, everybody pass me by

Mmm, the sun goin' down, boy, dark gon' catch me here
oooo, ooee, eee boy, dark gon' catch me here
I haven't got no lovin' sweet woman that love and feel my care

You can run, you can run, tell my friend-boy, Willie Brown.
You can run, tell my friend-boy, Willie Brown.
Lord, that I'm standin' at the crossroad, babe, I believe I'm sinking down.

--
Martin
Remove "ilikestars" from email address to respond

Old December 9th 03, 07:07 PM
John Kulczycki

What day job?

Indianaradio wrote:

Don't quit your day job.

Old December 9th 03, 09:33 PM
Rachel Ruz

You know they're working on a film about Robert Johnson. If I remember
correctly, Puff Daddy is playing the legendary Blues man.
-RR

"Starstuffed" wrote in message
ink.net...
m...

Old December 10th 03, 12:50 AM
Toma

"John Kulczycki" wrote in message
I wrote this for a friend who sold his Synta.

Just your basic blues go around.

Those Low Down Synta Blues

Well I ain't got no more blues,
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues,
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues,
since I got me a TeleVue.

Well my TeleVue's so fine,
she keep me up all the night
My TeleVue's so fine,
she keep me up all the night
If I stay out one more night,
my wife be lookin for a fight.

Well I ain't got no more blues
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues
since I sold my Synta
I ain't got no more blues
since I got me a TeleVue.

do NOT go into music! Stay in the backyard

Old December 10th 03, 01:06 AM
Jon Isaacs

do NOT go into music! Stay in the backyard

And not only that, theres a lesson to be learned from those old guys, its not
the guitar, its the guitar player.

Its not the telescope, its the observer.

A player can play can make an old beater guitar with clapped out strings sound
hot. But there's plenty of guys with fancy guitars than can't make em talk....

And of course then there's guys like me that can make that clapped out old
guitar with dead strings sound like a clapped out guitar with dead strings.

The right title for the Astronomer's blues:

Cloudy Night Blues

jon
Old December 10th 03, 01:26 AM
Toma