Just Saw Naxing-1 (04012C)

Old May 19th 04, 07:27 AM
William R. Thompson

Default Just Saw Naxing-1 (04012C)

I just spotted Naxing-1 (04012C). It was flashing irregularly.
Much of the time it was visible to the naked eye, up to magnitude 3
in brightness, but it faded from visibility several times during
its pass.

--Bill Thompson
Old May 23rd 04, 08:16 PM
PZeller66

Thanks for the post, Bill. I'll see if I can find any passes of this new
interesting one over my site in the near future.

Paul Zeller
(Indianapolis IN)

Old May 24th 04, 01:38 AM
William R. Thompson

PZeller66 wrote:

Thanks for the post, Bill. I'll see if I can find any passes of this new
interesting one over my site in the near future.

Another observer told me that what I saw was not Naxing 1, but the
booster
which orbited it and another satellite. It seems that Heavens-Above has
the labels mixed up. Either way, 04012C is an interesting sight.

--Bill Thompson