Tilt/Inclination and climate

Old December 20th 13, 03:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Tilt/Inclination and climate

Regardless of differences in inclination,rotation and orbital characteristics,all planets received the same budget of daylight and darkness over an orbital period however the degree of inclination determines how each planet receives that budget across latitudes.

Were the Earth to retain its same rotational characteristics in terms of speed and the same orbital characteristics but with a zero inclination it would have the same daylight/darkness budget as now with its 23 1/2 Degree inclination just as it would have the same budget for a 90 degree inclination.

Just as the Western Isles of Europe have a maritime climate which is not likely to change due to their proximity to the Atlantic,the planet itself has a largely Equatorial climate due to its 23 1/2 inclination within a 0 Degree to 90 Degree spectrum. The point being that defining climate as long term weather is a hopeless business rigged to suit modelers and nobody else,at least those who should be capable of interpreting the complexities inherent in climate.

How quickly or how slowly a location experiences the orbital changes in daylight/darkness, which in turn influences latitudinal conditions for weather, assigns what type of climate a planet has as an encompassing rule,after that all the other inputs may be introduced.

As the carbon dioxide fuss has run its course and perhaps proper pollution concerns can be dealt with separately,climate studies may begin in earnest starting with the main dynamical and astronomical inputs that have been so long ignored. Climate doesn't belong to a few propagandists who warn that the sky is literally falling,it belongs to human heritage and the great evolutionary role it has played on the geological and biological evolutionary stages of this remarkable planet.

Old December 20th 13, 05:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

And how, exactly, does what you have written here differ from the mainstream scientific consensus?

What experimental and/or observational evidence are you offering to support any differences.
Old December 20th 13, 07:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, December 20, 2013 4:38:21 PM UTC, wrote:
And how, exactly, does what you have written here differ from the mainstream scientific consensus?

What experimental and/or observational evidence are you offering to support any differences.

No sense in talking about dishonorable people,after all,I quite enjoyed that time when you created a game for me and the rest of the forum,didn't have to play yourself and still lost -

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...B1-25-false%5D

The others won't forgive you but then again,they have proven themselves to be every bit as dull and dreary in the astronomical department.

Now,empiricists can't talk to each other as they barely understand their own system or ,more accurately,chant voodoo at terms which Sir Isaac had definite notions of such as absolute/relative time,space and motion. Congratulations to so many who scam the public day in and day out however I have these issues to present whether there is movement on the issues or not.

As the only person ever to lose a game he didn't even have to play,be content with that dubious distinction but to be honest,you don't speak for anyone here as they are no better or worse than you are.

Old December 20th 13, 08:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

There are still a few people here who attempt to convince oriel36 of
the error of his reasoning. I have claimed that he just simulates stupidity to annoy, frustrate and generally wind-up people.

So lets see how and for how long he can evade answering a simple
question. A question that is central to where he parts company from
mainstream astronomical thought.

**** Do you accept that the sidereal day is less than 24 hours long
( about 23 h 56 m 4.1 s) Please answer either YES or NO ****

Any answer orial36 gives apart from the one word answer yes or no will
result in a fail grade. The question will then be asked again until he
does answer the question with a simple YES or NO.

Old December 21st 13, 12:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:41:50 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

I would dearly know what people wish to prove ?

Well, the Equation of Time arises out of the orbital characteristics of the Earth;

the return of a star by stellar circumpolar motion does not have this correction;

and thus it better represents the Earth's rotational motion separate from its orbit.

That's what you keep saying is false, mistaken, empirical, dull, unimaginative, and Godless - among other things. And so I try to prove to you that it is none of those things, it is simply the truth.

John Savard
Old December 21st 13, 03:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Well said that man. It is a shame that we will never be able to get Oriel to accept this though!

Old December 22nd 13, 09:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:37:42 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:
That's what you keep saying is false, mistaken, empirical, dull,

unimaginative, and Godless - among other things. And so I try to
prove to you that it is none of those things, it is simply the truth.

Isn't science always both empirical and godless? Science needs
empirical data to get as close go the truth as possible. And science
doesn't nere the God hypothesis.
Old December 22nd 13, 11:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:

That's what you keep saying is false, mistaken, empirical, dull,

unimaginative, and Godless - among other things. And so I try to

prove to you that it is none of those things, it is simply the truth.

Isn't science always both empirical and godless? Science needs

empirical data to get as close go the truth as possible. And science

doesn't nere the God hypothesis.

Funny that such a single and simple additional surface rotation and easily understood through an observer on the South pole experiencing a single polar day/night cycle and you lost creatures can't comprehend it even with 100%observational proof. You have God imprinted in your minds as something detached from creation - now that takes effort !.

The idea is not to appeal with those who have a hard shell of indoctrination and the slogans that make up that shell,it is that personality who can actually see those things you deny yourself out of some phony defiance that makes sense only to yourselves and that cult you belong to.It is like somebody locking themselves in a room and declaring that the only thing meaningful is the furniture in that room and descriptions of that furniture and that is a sorry state.

The connection between the individual and the Universal is not a statement of division but a state of movement as we evolve along with our surroundings,the planet,the solar system,the galaxies and all the other galaxies in the great celestial arena. What is good for the mind and spirit of humanity is to get into the stream of discovery which puts us in the flow of these evolutionary paths which are sometimes cyclical like the day and year to the linear such as geological,biological and climatological evolution.

Your poor minds are still locked into the celestial sphere clockwork solar system of Sir Isaac even though you think you have escaped it and that is a foul place to be for yourselves and more importantly,the wider world.

Old December 22nd 13, 12:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

You huff and puff and duck and dive as much as you want. Mainstream astronomy is correct and you are wrong. You almost certainly know you are wrong but your sad life now revolves around this endless repetition of recycled garbage so you keep pumping out the crap. Why not do something more productive - like prepare an article for peer review!
Old December 22nd 13, 01:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Sunday, December 22, 2013 11:45:04 AM UTC, wrote:
You huff and puff and duck and dive as much as you want. Mainstream astronomy is correct and you are wrong. You almost certainly know you are wrong but your sad life now revolves around this endless repetition of recycled garbage so you keep pumping out the crap. Why not do something more productive - like prepare an article for peer review!

You should read 'The Easy Way To Stop Smoking' by Allan Carr who certainly made me aware of how disruptive a line of reasoning was that kept me puffing away for decades.His notion is that the only reason people smoke is to kill the craving caused by the last cigarette so,in fact,the main reason people smoke is to have the same feeling non smokers have in not experiencing constant craving.

Peer review is like that,it is there to maintain the lifestyles and reputations of the peer reviewers and not those who are writing articles as the only way to please a reviewer is to write something which supports their views hence it becomes a spiral of death.

No doubt it is nice for an academic to have a cert on the wall congratulating them for being a subservient student and have the dubious freedom to chant voodoo but effectively it is a joke and self-serving process,at least as it presently stands.I seen a movie lately and had a good chuckle because the guy going on for the degree was right and at least the movie makers were tapping into a sentiment that is not altogether true but closer than most would assume-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZ0Y4rvz6E

People should breath that God given air which they are entitled to and not to diminish those who must live by rules and dictates but simply because they can. We protect who we can and so what if the guys a few hundred years ago made mistakes,created distortions and wrecked havoc with astronomical principles,we have the tools to should the world a better view of things. Many knock on the door of peer review to get in but the true astronomer is a creation of his era and his tools with a common inheritance from the old astronomers of the love of things.