Same satelite twice???

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th 11, 03:41 AM
swc swc is offline
Junior Member

Default Same satelite twice???

Hey guys/girls I am new to this site so first of I would like to say the image verification to register may be the most ridiculous/hardest thing I have witnessed in my life, it only took me 15 tries to get it right (rather annoying). Anyways I was sitting in my hot tub tonight staring up at the stars when I noticed a fairly fast paced bright object moving south it went really bright and then dimmed out and I could no longer follow it. About 15 minutes later the same object appeared in the exact same spot only dimmer than the first time and steadily got dimmer till it vanished. Can someone explain what is happening? If this is the same object I seen 15minutes earlier why does it progressively become dimmer as it goes away, and why was it dimmer the 2nd time I seen it even though it was in the exact same spot? Hopefully this is not to confusing I am know space major / science genius, its rather interesting to me though.