Hoagland a fraud?

Old March 16th 04, 07:38 PM
*

Default Hoagland a fraud?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:44:49 -0500, Patty Brooks
wrote:

snip

Is Hoagland a fraud? Yes he is. He's being paid by Lockheed to be a
diversion and to make NASA/Lockheed secret discoveries on Mars look
ridiculous.
Old March 16th 04, 07:56 PM
Ian Stirling

wrote:

snip

Is Hoagland a fraud? Yes he is. He's being paid by Lockheed to be a
diversion and to make NASA/Lockheed secret discoveries on Mars look
ridiculous.

What secret discoveries?

Old March 16th 04, 09:10 PM
*

wrote:

snip

Is Hoagland a fraud? Yes he is. He's being paid by Lockheed to be a
diversion and to make NASA/Lockheed secret discoveries on Mars look
ridiculous.

What secret discoveries?

1) Ruins of a previous sophisticated and technologically advanced
civilization on Mars. This extinct Martian civilization shows evidence of
being more technologically advanced than current earth.

2) Evidence of a sudden, catastrophic mass extinction of that civilization
on Mars.

3). A breathable atmosphere on Mars.

4). Vegetation on Mars.

5). Grey aliens currently have established a base of Mars.

Old March 17th 04, 02:32 AM
Wally Anglesea™

wrote:

snip

Is Hoagland a fraud? Yes he is. He's being paid by Lockheed to be a
diversion and to make NASA/Lockheed secret discoveries on Mars look
ridiculous.

What secret discoveries?

1) Ruins of a previous sophisticated and technologically advanced
civilization on Mars. This extinct Martian civilization shows evidence of
being more technologically advanced than current earth.

Nope, there are none

2) Evidence of a sudden, catastrophic mass extinction of that civilization
on Mars.

Nope, see above.

3). A breathable atmosphere on Mars.

Nope. Not at all, nada. Even *amateur* astronomers can test for that.
I guess they must be part of a grand international conspiracy, huh?

Care to explain how that is possible, kook?

4). Vegetation on Mars.

None seen so far.

5). Grey aliens currently have established a base of Mars.

Since there are no grey aliens, it follows there are no grey aliens on
Mars.

Geeze, did you take a particularly strong stupid pill this morning?

--

http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/Alien_recipes.html

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."
Old March 17th 04, 04:41 AM
*

wrote:

snip

Is Hoagland a fraud? Yes he is. He's being paid by Lockheed to be a
diversion and to make NASA/Lockheed secret discoveries on Mars look
ridiculous.

What secret discoveries?

1) Ruins of a previous sophisticated and technologically advanced
civilization on Mars. This extinct Martian civilization shows evidence of
being more technologically advanced than current earth.

Nope, there are none

That's not what NASA insiders say.

2) Evidence of a sudden, catastrophic mass extinction of that civilization
on Mars.

Nope, see above.

That's not what NASA insiders say.

3). A breathable atmosphere on Mars.

Nope.

That's not what NASA insiders say.

Not at all, nada. Even *amateur* astronomers can test for that.
I guess they must be part of a grand international conspiracy, huh?

Care to explain how that is possible, kook?

You believe NASA lies, that's why.

4). Vegetation on Mars.

None seen so far.

You've been looking at NASA photographs, hua.

That's not what NASA insiders say.

5). Grey aliens currently have established a base of Mars.

Since there are no grey aliens, it follows there are no grey aliens on
Mars.

Geeze, did you take a particularly strong stupid pill this morning?

Attacking the messenger again, eh? Your logic is non-existant.

Old March 17th 04, 04:02 PM
Ian Stirling

wrote:

Not at all, nada. Even *amateur* astronomers can test for that.
I guess they must be part of a grand international conspiracy, huh?

Care to explain how that is possible, kook?

You believe NASA lies, that's why.

Are you contending that it's impossible for amateuur astronomers to
detect a breathable atmosphere on mars, or that they are part of NASA?
Even the Russian ones?
Old March 17th 04, 06:38 PM
Jay Windley

"*" wrote in message

| That's not what NASA insiders say.
| That's not what NASA insiders say.
| That's not what NASA insiders say.
| You believe NASA lies, that's why.

Selective validation of source duly noted.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old March 17th 04, 03:56 PM
Kent Betts

I have listened to Hoagland talk about the face on Mars and so on. It was a
challenge to try to figure out whether he was a fraud ( putting on a
performance) or if he was mentally unbalanced.

I have noticed that he now prefaces his presentations with lengthy
allegations of conspiracy to hide information, that NASA knows but doesn't
want you to know. So I think that this is strong evidence of paranoia and
is symptomatic of a delusional crank. A sort of functioning lunatic.

His recent descriptions of Mars rocks as relics of ancient machined parts
did not go over well.

Old March 17th 04, 06:44 PM
Jay Windley

"Kent Betts" wrote in message

| I have noticed that he now prefaces his presentations with lengthy
| allegations of conspiracy to hide information, that NASA knows but
| doesn't want you to know.

Richard Hoagland is "We Hate NASA" Central.

| So I think that this is strong evidence of paranoia and is symptomatic
| of a delusional crank.

True, but there are delusions born of mental illness and delusions of
convenience born of a conscious desire to see some things a certain way.

It looks to me like Hoagland aspired to be some sort of a space scientist
but for some reason didn't make the cut. And so at first it seemed he tried
to ride the successes of others, but when that failed to get him the
recognition he felt he deserved, then he turned to antagonism. It's all
about getting back at NASA for failing to recognize him as the genius he
believes he is.

Old March 18th 04, 06:07 AM
*

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:56:18 -0600, "Kent Betts"
wrote:

I have listened to Hoagland talk about the face on Mars and so on. It was a
challenge to try to figure out whether he was a fraud ( putting on a
performance) or if he was mentally unbalanced.

Hoagland is being paid by Lockheed to make it all look ridiculous, and
that's from NASA.