Gyroscope Solution

Old October 26th 11, 08:27 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
dlzc

Default Gyroscope Solution

Hello Androcles:

On Oct 26, 7:18*am, "Androcles" .
2011 wrote:
"dlzc" wrote in message

Dear jim:

On Oct 26, 3:30 am, jim wrote:

Many people in physics still can't understand that
gyros only work on Earth navigation.

Space vehicles use gyroscopes. *Voyager, HST, even the
Mars rovers Spirit and Opportunity have gyroscopes.

Bull****. Ring laser gyroscopes are about as gyroscopic
as a jet ski is a paddle steamer. You are still living in the
18th century, Smiffy.

I don't try to read any more intelligence into most posters posts than
necessary. "jim" said "gyroscope", not "mechanical gyroscope". That
you understand the difference, does not mean he does.

Interesting that these are mechanical gyros...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_Measurement_Unit

David A. Smith
Old October 26th 11, 09:41 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Androcles[_65_]

"dlzc" wrote in message
Hello Androcles:

On Oct 26, 7:18 am, "Androcles" .
2011 wrote:
"dlzc" wrote in message

Dear jim:

On Oct 26, 3:30 am, jim wrote:

Many people in physics still can't understand that
gyros only work on Earth navigation.

Space vehicles use gyroscopes. Voyager, HST, even the
Mars rovers Spirit and Opportunity have gyroscopes.

Bull****. Ring laser gyroscopes are about as gyroscopic
as a jet ski is a paddle steamer. You are still living in the
18th century, Smiffy.

I don't try to read any more intelligence into most posters posts than
necessary. "jim" said "gyroscope", not "mechanical gyroscope". That
you understand the difference, does not mean he does.

Interesting that these are mechanical gyros...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_Measurement_Unit

David A. Smith

As interesting as this is a spork:
http://leattach.com/images/multi-rip...ket_W_Esco.JPG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork

Old October 26th 11, 09:50 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
GO-HERE .NL

On Oct 26, 9:24*am, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 25/10/2011 21:51, John Schutkeker wrote:

On Oct 25, 4:48 pm, eric *wrote:
John *wrote in news:9933f145-b245-
:

I am sending out preprints to my mathematical solution of the
gyroscope. *If anybody would like one, please contact me. *I also need
a sponsor for arXiv submission privileges, so that I can publish it
for then general audience. *If anybody can help me with that, I would
be very grateful.

Why would you publish a homework solution to arXiv?

Send me a link to this homework solution.

It is generally taught in second year dynamics at university - at about
the same time as rotating frames of reference (for obvious reasons). You
could do worse than look in Kibble, Classical Mechanics.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Classical-Me.../dp/1860944353
(I presume it is still in the latest edition)

Why would anyone apart from perhaps the late misguided Professor Eric
Laithwaite who did an embarrassing series of Royal Institution Christmas
lectures where he made various insane claims about the properties of
gyroscopes need this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Laithwaite

He was even granted a US patent on his device United States Patent,
Number 5860317 - just shows that USPTO only care if your dollars are
green and in sufficient quantity for granting patents.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

"embarrassing series of Royal Institution Christmas lectures"

Did he embarrass you with them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaOIWXqH9Io

I loved this one.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=248021

Here the debunker/skeptic cult ruled the whole demonstration to be a
carefully engineered stage magician trick.

Can I just lump you together with those?

Old October 26th 11, 09:55 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
jim

On Oct 26, 1:51*pm, jim wrote:
On Oct 26, 1:09*pm, "Dirk Van de moortel"

wrote:
jim wrote in message

*

On Oct 26, 6:38 am, "Dirk Van de moortel"
wrote:
jim wrote:
On Oct 25, 5:09 pm, dlzc wrote:
Dear Schutkeker:

On Oct 25, 1:16 pm, John Schutkeker
wrote:

I am sending out preprints to my mathematical solution
of the gyroscope. If anybody would like one, please
contact me. I also need a sponsor for arXiv submission
privileges, so that I can publish it for then general
audience. If anybody can help me with that, I would be very
grateful.

You might talk the authors of these
papers:http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9909054ht...1007.5288http:...
... they might be able to help.

I am reminded of a vacant office in the short-order shop of a
machine shop I used to work at. It had belonged to a fellow
that spent a good part of 17 years designing a bearing race
for mechanical gyroscopes, that would prevent the individual
ball bearings from "ever" rolling on
exactly the same place twice. Presumably displacing bearing
failure out a few more years...

Then the competition came up with laser gyros...

David A. Smith

Many people in physics still can't understand that gyros only
work on Earth navigation.
So, the people working in electronics still work on ICs,
Holographics, Arificial Diamonds,
Buckeyballs, Satellites, 21st computers, full time.

The people working in computers still work on 21st century
xerographics,
post ASCII nano, and optical fibers full time.

The people who work on energy production still work on fusion,
orbital solar energy,
and Post incandescent lighting full time.

Isn' it a good thing that some people still work on UCP?

* *Yes, but, just the like the people who now ASCII really works,
* *invented USB, the people who now how UCP really works,
* *not only invented GPS, they also invented USB Version 3.

But UCP stands for Usenet Crackpot Psychology.

* *Since all Psychology is crackpot, that's why

* *1) the people who know how medicine works discovered Psychiatry,
rather than Psychology.
* *2) the people who know how crackpot Physics works discovered
Goedel's Theorems and *Topology, rather than crackpot Physics.
* *3) the people who know how evolution works discovered Jurassic
Park, rather than Evolution.
* *4) the people who know how Biology works discovered microbiology,
rather than Biology.
* *5) the people who know how electric engineering works discovered
GPS and Orbital Solar Energy, rather than Electrical Engineering.
* *6) the people who know how Turing Machines actually *work, also
discovered Holograms and Optical Networks.
* *7) the people who know how nanotechnology works also discovered
picotechnology.
* *8) the people who know how wireless telecomm works, discovered
Digital Photography and *PGP++, rather than minutes.

Or put it this way. Since the wanks who believe free energy is
impossible,
are usually the leaded gasoline loonies anyway, the people who
know how
energy really works discovered nuclear fusion, lasers, self-
replicating machines, and 21st Technology.
And let the wanks work on Euclidean Geometry with the Pyramid
Loons
in Philosophy Class anyway.

Dirk Vdm

Old October 26th 11, 10:16 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Androcles[_65_]

"GO-HERE .NL" wrote in message

On Oct 25, 4:48 pm, eric wrote:
[...]

Beats me why the fools don't just try it. When I was a kid I thought
nothing of putting my bicycle upside down, spinning the back wheel
and then trying to right the bike. As a teenager learning to repair electric
motors I'd spin up ball races I'd cleaned the old grease from with
compressed air. There is no teacher like experience.

Old October 26th 11, 10:54 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
jim

wrote:

*

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Since to begin with, most of the Euclid wannabees are too
technically illiterate to have ever heard of Gibbs free energy,
and post Abacus addition.

Dirk Vdm

Old October 26th 11, 11:02 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Oct 26, 10:46*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 10/26/11 5:30 AM, jim wrote:

Many people in physics still can't understand that gyros only work
on Earth navigation.

* *The physics that works on the earth is the same physics that
* *works on the moon and everywhere in the universe.

My gyro will work just fine on the Moon. If its spinning it will not
fall on its side. Gyro shows once again that gravity and inertia are
two sides to the same coin. TreBert
Old October 26th 11, 11:13 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
jim

On 10/26/11 5:30 AM, jim wrote:

Many people in physics still can't understand that gyros only work
on Earth navigation.

* *The physics that works on the earth is the same physics that
* *works on the moon and everywhere in the universe.

Nobody said it didn't.

The claim is merely what it has been since 1900.

The people who know science actually works discovered the Theory
of Evolution, DNA, and Dark Matter Galaxies.
The people who know how chemisty actually works discovered
Synthetic Atoms and Nanotechnolgy.
The people who know how rockets work have been to the moon and
back.
The people who know how math actually works have already
discovered Goedel's Theorems, Chaos, Fractals, and post-Cubic AI.
The people who know how engineering works are working on Orbital
Solar Energy, Lasers, Holographics, and Post CRT Microwave-ology.

Old October 27th 11, 07:02 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
John Schutkeker[_2_]

On Oct 25, 5:09*pm, dlzc wrote:
DearSchutkeker:

You might talk the authors of these papers:http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9909054ht.../gr-qc/0009062
... they might be able to help.

I am reminded of a vacant office in the short-order shop of a machine
shop I used to work at. *It had belonged to a fellow that spent a good
part of 17 years designing a bearing race for mechanical gyroscopes,
that would prevent the individual ball bearings from "ever" rolling on
exactly the same place twice. *Presumably displacing bearing failure
out a few more years...

Then the competition came up with laser gyros...

David A. Smith

I think they use gyroscopes in smart phones, to detect when you turn
it sideways.