Newsgroup math

Old December 14th 09, 03:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ken S. Tucker

Default New Scopes.

On Dec 14, 5:13 am, wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:46 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

On Dec 13, 12:52 pm, Tom McDonald wrote:

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Dec 12, 9:44 am, Tom McDonald wrote:
Epsilon Eridani wrote:
The number of CHINK spam ads is in inverse proportion to the number of
astronomical posts. Once astro posts reach about 20 per day, the spam ads
disappear. You'll see this on most forums.
Don't suppose you'd care to post any astro articles, ****head?
Now about that new Orion $50 FunScope 76mm Reflector Telescope,
maybe compared to the $50 Celestron FirstScope. Any comments on them?

LOL: Please provide a link Tom.
I'm trying to figure this out,
http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell...0-voyager.html
In the paragraph it writes "reflector".
I'm sure this is a good telescope, but the write-up confuses
me.
Ken

I have no idea whether it's a good 'scope, but it says
"upgradeable to 1.25" format". So, presumably it comes with .965"
eyepieces. Weak.
The blurb also mentions an "innovative adjustable aluminum
tripods", while the specs say, "Adjustable Hardwood Tripod".
Confusion seems to be the idea here. This suggests either
carelessness (which does not speak well to Bushnell's care in
their business), or intentional confusion (which does not speak
well to Bushnell's integrity).
Could be a third option; perhaps I am not understanding something
quite simple. Or perhaps Bushnell didn't write the blurb and/or
specs.
Tom "Go Pack" McDonald

That's my fault, the link I gave is NOT Bushnell's, check this out,http://www.bushnell.com/products/oth...pes/voyager-sk...

We received a Walmart xmas flyer that had the Bushnell 60mm
refractor with something called "smart mount" @ $150.
Off hand it looks innovative to me.

That amount sounds a little high for a 60mm telescope.

Well the 'smart mount' audio output is darn interesting,
I admire that innovation, I 'd like to try it.
Ken

Old December 14th 09, 03:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Epsilon Eridani wrote:
[...]

Does the scope come with a set of headphones?

Old December 15th 09, 05:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ken S. Tucker

Epsilon Eridani wrote:
[...]

Guess so, but one could set it up in a living room, indoors,
and I figure using the "smart mount" after alignment, point
it around and the scope will talk about where it's pointed.
Sounds like a fun toy. I think it has potential!
Ken
Old December 17th 09, 01:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_4_]

Default Newsgroup math

AM wrote in
:

Epsilon Eridani wrote:
Now about that new Orion $50 FunScope 76mm Reflector Telescope,
maybe compared to the $50 Celestron FirstScope. Any comments on
them?

Sounds like typical, made-in-China garbage. Parents who'd buy their
kid a $50 telescope probably spend the rest of their money on crack,
cigarettes and beer.

I got one, but not for viewing, but for all
the outreaches I do at schools. Between that,
and the Galileoscope, they make excellent indoor
presentation tools !!!

The Galileoscope has some historical value, unlike some poor man's
Astroscan rip-off from China.

Newsgroup math Davoud[_1_] Amateur Astronomy 0 December 11th 09 12:12 AM
Why does SRT and LET have identical Math??? kenseto Astronomy Misc 58 January 12th 07 03:19 PM
Math for Astrophysics Steve Willner Research 0 November 7th 06 11:17 PM
gravity math no way Misc 12 July 18th 04 10:20 PM
mystic math Ian Beardsley Amateur Astronomy 25 May 17th 04 04:52 AM