S&T Interactive sky chart

Old June 27th 07, 07:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Allen

Default S&T Interactive sky chart

Hi. Could anyone tell me what happened to the S&T interactive sky
chart? Did it move? I tried to ask , but
the email bounced back on me...Dennis

Old June 27th 07, 07:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RMOLLISE

On Jun 27, 1:07 pm, "Dennis Allen" wrote:
Hi. Could anyone tell me what happened to the S&T interactive sky
chart? Did it move? I tried to ask , but
the email bounced back on me...Dennis

I looked at it day before yesterday...I believe it's in a different
spot, but easy enough to find.

Unk Rod

Old June 27th 07, 07:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Craig

What you mean this? Nahhh Don't see it anywhere on the site.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/skychart/
SkyandTelescope.com - Sky Chart

Look on the left hand side under observing.

--
Remove My_Skin to E-mail me.

Old June 27th 07, 07:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:07:56 -0400, "Dennis Allen"
wrote:

Hi. Could anyone tell me what happened to the S&T interactive sky
chart? Did it move? I tried to ask , but
the email bounced back on me...Dennis

It's a link under Observing in the main menu on the home page.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old June 27th 07, 08:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Allen

Did you try
http://skychart.skyandtelescope.com/...t/skychart.asp ?
For me, comes up page not found. I hope the applet doen't require you
to first log into S&T. Would kill website links, as expressed in
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/obser...t/3308206.html

Old June 27th 07, 08:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Allen

I tried
http://skychart.skyandtelescope.com/...t/skychart.asp For
me, comes up page not found. Would you know where it moved?

oups.com...

Old June 27th 07, 08:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Allen

That's the introduction. The actual applet was at
http://skychart.skyandtelescope.com/...t/skychart.asp ,
but comes up page not found.

Old June 27th 07, 09:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Craig

Looks like you now have to register and login. But it is free.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/s?action=login
SkyandTelescope.com

From teh waeb pasge

home Login
To access or interact with this part of the site, you must first
register.
Registering with SkyandTelescope.com is completely free of charge and
you will instantly enjoy all the benefits listed below. By registering,
we can provide you with an enhanced interactive and personalized
experience.

* Use our Interactive Sky Chart

* Submit astrophotos for consideration to be published on
SkyandTelescope.com

* Submit reader comments for blogs and selected articles

* Submit information about your astronomy club or event

* Sign up for our free SkyandTelescope.com e-newsletters

Already registered? Type in your email address and password in the
boxes below.

To register now, just click here.

If you are registered, but have forgotten your password, please click
here.

NOTE: Registration at SkyandTelescope.com is separate from your
registration at ShopatSky.com. Be sure to sign up for both!
--
Remove My_Skin to E-mail me.

Old June 27th 07, 09:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:32:03 -0400, "Dennis Allen"
wrote:

That's the introduction. The actual applet was at
http://skychart.skyandtelescope.com/...t/skychart.asp ,
but comes up page not found.

The correct link should be
http://skychart.skytonight.com/obser...t/skychart.asp . Maybe
it's changed recently and you need to clear your cache. Note that you do
need to have created an account to use the interactive chart feature.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old June 28th 07, 12:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Allen

I see the problem. A lot of the S&T links went back to using
skyandtelescope.com, but the interactive chart stayed with
skytonight.com. Thanks a lot...Dennis