Artificial satellite decay in Argentina

Old January 22nd 04, 12:57 AM
Jorge Carminati

Default Artificial satellite decay in Argentina

Hi,

It seems that a farm land in my country (Argentina) has been hitted
today by an artificial satellite, maybe you find interesting the
following information with pictures taken from what it seems to be a
rocket piece.

There's some uncertainty of which satellite is, they're saying that it
may be:

22879 93- 68 C GPS 2-23 PAM-D r Jan 20.53 Jan 21.50

I'll try some keplerian elements.

Please CC to jcarminati at yahoo dot com

Best Regards,
J. Carminati
LU4CJA

Spanish article with some pictures:
http://www.clarin.com/diario/hoy/um/m-695336.htm

Translated by google
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Some expert opinions:
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Another article:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/04/01/21/sl_565909.asp
Old January 22nd 04, 09:12 AM
Ed Cannon

It seems that a farm land in my country (Argentina) has been
hitted today by an artificial satellite....

22879 93- 68 C GPS 2-23 PAM-D r Jan 20.53 Jan 21.50

See messages from Alan Pickup and Harro Zimmer on January 21 on
this web page:

http://www.satobs.org/seesat/Jan-2004/author.html

Another article:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/04/01/21/sl_565909.asp

The Clarin article didn't work by the time I tried, but the one
above still does. Here's a different one from the Clarin that
worked a few minutes ago:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/hoy/s-02415.htm

Ed Cannon - - Austin, Texas, USA