What size eyepiece for a Tasco Galaxsee 4.5" reflector?

Old August 20th 03, 06:29 PM
Phil Wheeler

Default What size eyepiece for a Tasco Galaxsee 4.5" reflector?

Doc wrote:
I'm waiting on delivery of a Tasco Galaxsee 4.5" reflector, but am
advised it only has one eyepiece with it, a 4mm. While waiting, I'd
like to pick up an additional eyepiece or 2, but need to know what
size. I dont' think the original owner knows for sure.

A uk site says:

# Tasco Galaxsee 500x 4.5" Reflector Telescope (T51240)
# Optimum Magnification 250x
# Maximum Magnification 500x
# 1000 mm focal length
# Full equatorial mount
# Heavy-duty aluminium tripod
# Red dot finderscope
# 2x Barlow lens
# SR4mm (250x), MA10mm (100X) and MA20mm (50x) eyepieces

So the focal length is 1000 mm and a 20-25 mm EP plus Barlow would be
good to have. The 4 mm EP is probably next to useless (at the extreme
end of usable magnifition with very good skies).

Another site says:

# Eyepieces supplied -1.25" diameter: 20mm and 4mm

so 1.25" seems to be the answer.

Phil

Phil

Old September 1st 03, 03:01 AM
Steve Giovanis

Dont get a department store telescope like Tasco! geeze! Save some money
up and get a real scope from Orion or Meade..

Old September 1st 03, 04:03 AM
called2preach2002

Take Steeves advice... stay away from Tasco, I have a model 11T-R 6"
reflector, long tube.

I have had nothing but disapointment using it. except for looking at the
moon, incedently, thats the smallest obect one can acurately tune it to
withought much trouble.

I got this scope about 10 years ago, they havent got any better.
If I had the dough, i would have a real nice one, and I would find some
unsuspecting victim to dump this one on.

by the way, interested in a telescope?...LOL

Lester