searching picture showing a Ligh polluted observation site

Old September 24th 03, 06:38 PM
Thierry

Default searching picture showing a Ligh polluted observation site

Hi,

In order to complete an article about light pollution, I am searching
someone doing astrophotography under a ligh polluted sky and having taken a
picture of his spot in these conditions, showing well the orangeous or green
dominance due to the artificial light.
The picture can be a close up centered on your instrument in front of the
sky or a landscape one taken in a city of in the country.

Image requested should be similar to those ones :
http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/Observatory.html
http://www.regnier-schmit.net/astron...teobservparis/

Send image to my email in removing the SPAM
..
Thanks in advance

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

Old September 24th 03, 07:43 PM
Starlord

How about one taken from behind my trailer showing the lights of
Lancaster/Palmdale?

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

.
Thanks in advance

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

---

Old September 24th 03, 10:59 PM
Thierry

Hi,

I received several pictures...
The one I need should be similar to those ones (3 in the middle):
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/rapp...cheter-fin.htm

Thanks in advance.

Thierry

Old September 25th 03, 06:34 AM
Zan Hecht

"Thierry" wrote in message
Hi,

In order to complete an article about light pollution, I am searching
someone doing astrophotography under a ligh polluted sky and having taken

picture of his spot in these conditions, showing well the orangeous or

green
dominance due to the artificial light.
The picture can be a close up centered on your instrument in front of the
sky or a landscape one taken in a city of in the country.

Image requested should be similar to those ones :
http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/Observatory.html
http://www.regnier-schmit.net/astron...teobservparis/

My favorite image is the one from the recent blackout in Toronto, showing a
before and after image:
http://www.skynewsmagazine.com/pow/pow94.html

--
http://www.zansstuff.com/contact.html

Old September 25th 03, 06:55 AM
Trane Francks

On 09/25/03 14:34 +0900, Zan Hecht wrote:

My favorite image is the one from the recent blackout in Toronto, showing a
before and after image:
http://www.skynewsmagazine.com/pow/pow94.html

I find the comparison to be rather heartbreaking.

I grew up just a few kilometres from the Muskoka Dark Sky
Preserve (long before it was made an official preserve). Living
in Tokyo now, I get excited if I can spot the Pleiades with the
naked eye. :-(

trane
// Trane Francks Tokyo, Japan
//