What makes up mars

Old August 24th 03, 01:41 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Steve Diamonds from Mars glow from orange to blood red.Mars blood red
diamonds out shine a ruby. Bert

Old August 25th 03, 02:33 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:39:10 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:44:37 -0400 (EDT),

(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

With those huge mountains created by tremendous pressure I have a gut
feeling buried in the sand are millions of diamonds. What would a Mars
diamond be worth? Someday we might see a diamond rush to Mars. Bert

Doubtful, diamonds are only valuable because they are rare, simple
economics, more diamonds, less value.

Diamonds are rare, but are't terribly rare. That the diamond
producing areas are owned and operated by large companies or families
who rigidly control the flow probably has a lot more to do with the
price than true rarity. OTOH, diamonds as diamonds get larger than a
bean they become progressively more rare.
Color and clarity also contribute to the value.

Diamond formation depends on carbon dissolved in magma in very
specific types of volcanoes which makes Martian diamonds rather
unlikely although no impossible.

OTOH if the early atmosphere of Mars was carbon rich and the volcanos
of the right type, which I don't think they are, then diamonds *might*
be concentrated in those areas.

Even if huge deposits of diamonds were found laying on the surface of
Mars the transportation would still make them more costly than the
earth variety. Space travel would have to be routine and a tiny
fraction of today's cost.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Looking for astro bits and pieces?
http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/orpheus1959

Old August 25th 03, 05:41 PM
Anthony B C Frisko

Remember one thing. If there ever was water on Mars, then it had to have
been flowing at one time. especially if ultra violet rays became strong
enough to break down the water. The atomesphere on mars at that time
would have been strong enough to block most radiation. However, it is
possible that a natural version of the green house effect caused a
breakdown in the climate of mars. Allowing it atomesphere to change.
Eventually all producers would break down causing the atomesphere to
result in waste products. Simalar to respiration of life on earth.

Sincerely
Anthony Frisko

http://community.webtv.net/KaiKetieNova/TheGavel
http://community.webtv.net/KaiKetieN...roveFFAchapter

Old August 25th 03, 05:43 PM
Anthony B C Frisko

To help with the information provided by buddy. Remember that the great
lakes themselves, were created by moving glaciers. And some aquifers
(underground water sources.) were caused by glaciers cutting down into
the earth.

Old August 25th 03, 05:46 PM
Anthony B C Frisko

Bert. Mars, like earth has its own seasons. Although in most areas the
temperature may not exceed the point of freezing. The change in
temperatures still have their effect on ice. The movements would be
little but they would still happen.

Old August 25th 03, 05:50 PM
Anthony B C Frisko

Accually my friend. If there was a diamond rush to Mars. Then space
technology would have advanced enough for atleast simple public travel.
This would mean that there would be a demand for materials, including
Diamonds. As we all know, silcon chips dont cut the harsh temperatures
of space. But diamond chips do!

Old August 25th 03, 09:53 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Anthony Finding ice(H2O) on Mars,or some liquid water in its crust is
more important than diamonds. To start saying "once upon a time" like 50
million years ago,don't cut it with me. I am from Missouri I
want to be shown. There is a saying "Water water every where,but not a
drop to drink on Mars. Someday we will call a space ship that goes back
and forth to Mars "The Mariner" I predict it Bert

Old August 27th 03, 12:00 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Here is a thought as to what is under the frosty dry ice (CO) caps of
the Mars poles. It could be ammonia?? Ammonia is stable at low
temperatures. Ammonia is the universes second most popular liquid (water
is # 1) We know Uranus,and Neptune have their atmospheres made from
lots of ammonia. Comets,and nebular we find ammonia.
Bert

Old August 27th 03, 01:59 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Mars shows to us that at one time volcanoes where its most active
feature. Now going to Io and what we see there(thanks to Voyager fly by)
are violent volcanic eruptions taking place on a very dry moon. Io has
lots of sulfur on its surface. Mars could have sulfur under its sandy
surface.,as well as sulfur dioxide. Sulfur dioxide could have come from
the oxygen that was separated from hydrogen(water) by the great
temperature of a volcanic vent,and the hydrogen gets lost to space. Io
and Mars have these features. It is possible that Io has more sulfur
oxide,and Mars has more iron oxide. Mars could be very
dry. I posted photolysis,separating H20 by ultra violet light(Mars has
no way of blocking it) Now dry like Io because of great violent volcano
eruptions. Bert