Eyeball in Secondary?

Old August 18th 03, 08:23 PM
#MK

Default Eyeball in Secondary?

Hi!
I was just peeking through my new Newtonian [haven't pointed it at a star
yet, cos the manufacturers forgot the tripod attachment / telescope rings!]
and noticed my eyeball in the secondary.
Is this normal? To see one's eyeball in the mirror?
When I look at a planet or the Moon, will I see my eyeball in the middle.

Old August 18th 03, 09:21 PM
Martin Frey

"#MK" wrote:

Hi!
I was just peeking through my new Newtonian [haven't pointed it at a star
yet, cos the manufacturers forgot the tripod attachment / telescope rings!]
and noticed my eyeball in the secondary.
Is this normal? To see one's eyeball in the mirror?
When I look at a planet or the Moon, will I see my eyeball in the middle.

Are you absolutely sure its your eyeball? There's a lot of strange
people out there...
Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
--------------

Old August 18th 03, 10:40 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , #MK
writes
Hi!
I was just peeking through my new Newtonian [haven't pointed it at a star
yet, cos the manufacturers forgot the tripod attachment / telescope rings!]
and noticed my eyeball in the secondary.
Is this normal? To see one's eyeball in the mirror?
When I look at a planet or the Moon, will I see my eyeball in the middle.

If you _don't_ see your eye in the middle of the secondary it's fairly
certain that it isn't collimated properly. Don't worry. At night you
won't even see any sign of the secondary unless you use a very low
power.
But who is the manufacturer with the poor QC? :-)
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"

Old August 19th 03, 03:51 AM
#MK

Jonathan Silverlight transmitted the
following communciation via an interplexing subspace beacon on subspace
frequency on stardate 18 Aug
2003

In message , #MK
writes
Hi!
I was just peeking through my new Newtonian [haven't pointed it at a
star yet, cos the manufacturers forgot the tripod attachment /
telescope rings!] and noticed my eyeball in the secondary.
Is this normal? To see one's eyeball in the mirror?
When I look at a planet or the Moon, will I see my eyeball in the
middle.

If you _don't_ see your eye in the middle of the secondary it's
fairly certain that it isn't collimated properly. Don't worry. At
night you won't even see any sign of the secondary unless you use a
very low power.
But who is the manufacturer with the poor QC? :-)

QC?
BTW Thanks for the responses; I have tried it out on the stars [there was
no brackets / ring to attach the scope to the mount so I got my mother to
hold it for me ] and it turns out that I do not see my eyeball

[Have contacted seller, hopefully they will provide the rings].

Old August 19th 03, 06:38 AM
Darren

Is this normal? To see one's eyeball in the mirror?
When I look at a planet or the Moon, will I see my eyeball in the middle.

Try putting an eyepiece in

Old August 19th 03, 06:38 AM
Darren