NASA moon-mapping mission to come to a crashing end

Old December 17th 12, 03:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default NASA moon-mapping mission to come to a crashing end

On Dec 16, 5:53*am, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 16, 3:20*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:

bob haller wrote:
On Dec 15, 8:13*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:
On Dec 15, 5:25*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Me wrote:
On Dec 15, 4:04*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

it makes sense to do the crash......

its mission and extended mission are complete

no doubt they will have equiptement looking for water after the dual
crashes

You were doing so well. *Then you had to say the following....

it elminates the possiblity a later uncontrolled crash could hit and
damage apollo or other legacy sites

So they're avoiding a one in Lord knows how many quadrillion
possibility? *Really?

Really. *It is a legitimate reason

Really. *Look at the odds. *It's not.

And if that 1:1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance happens and it DOES
hit one of them, where's the down side?

On Friday, thrusters on each satellite will fire to guide the
spacecraft toward the unnamed mountain. The maneuver will also ensure
the satellites avoid striking landing sites from the Apollo, Surveyor
and Soviet space programs. Engineers calculated there was a 1-
in-125,000 chance the satellites would hit one of the heritage landing
sites, according to David Lehman, GRAIL project manager at NASA's Jet
Propulsion Laboratory

I'm sorry, but that's an insane set of probabilities! *I don't believe
it.

someday in the future space archealogists may want to visit those
landing sites for research purposes.

Why? *We know more about them than could ever be discerned by visiting
them.

no matter what ebb and flow are going to crash into the moon. there
isnt fuel to prevent it.....

Well, you finally got something right.

at least this way they get some science out of it...

And that's a decent reason.

...and prevent possible damage to historic sites

And that makes no sense whatsoever.

Fred no doubt you would like indenpendence hall in philadephia to be
demolished for condos.......

Bobbert, you making up silly **** and then proclaiming it's my opinion
doesn't change my opinion. *It merely makes you look like a delusional
halfwit.

you have no sense of history

And you have no sense. *Period.

It goes with your inability to read simple English sentences, I
suppose.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

fred i find it amazing that you hold a paying job, I pity your co
workers if you act in real life anything like you do here.......

most companies weed out offensive people since its bad for worker
morale....

in addition your a very closed mind kinda person, which must add to
defense spending costs.....

imagine what our world could accomplish if all we had were police, and
fighting between nations and terrorists ended.......

it would put you out of work....

Fred would find another way of starting up a proxy war.
Old December 17th 12, 06:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Now let's talk about something that's an actual possibility. *Suppose
they reduce Social Security benefits and raise the age for Medicare.
You'd Never be able to stop struggling to make a living. *Me, I could
retire tomorrow, if I really wanted to....

thanks to being a defense contractor worker, they are severly
overpaid..... just as you are....
Old December 18th 12, 04:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

fred what specifically are the disadvantages of controlled crash of
these sats?
Old December 18th 12, 09:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Dec 18, 9:48*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

Now let's talk about something that's an actual possibility. Suppose
they reduce Social Security benefits and raise the age for Medicare.
You'd Never be able to stop struggling to make a living. Me, I could
retire tomorrow, if I really wanted to....

thanks to being a defense contractor worker, they are severly
overpaid..... just as you are....

And Bobbert once again displays his ignorance.

Bobbert, if you can do what I do and will do it for a lot less, you
probably would. *If you're so convinced that people who work for large
companies (and folks working for defense contractors aren't paid any
more than anywhere else), you must be remarkably stupid to not have
gotten such a job.

Oh, wait. *You have to actually have skills and be good at something
to get one of ethos jobs. *I guess that's why you don't have one....

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
*your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."

defense related jobs are usually grossy overpaid.
Old December 19th 12, 05:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

bob haller wrote:

[...]

What utter rot! *See above.

If your claim is true, why didn't you get such a job? *Are you just
stupid or is it that you lack the talent to do the work?

In your case,, I vote for 'both' as the correct answer.

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
*your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Mark Twain

There are probably near no defense related jobs in pittsburgh and
besides i was never interested in finding more ways to kill people....

but knowing some friends in defense related jobs, while regular jobs
pay well at 20 bucks a hour the defense jobs pay 3 times that.

Old December 20th 12, 05:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy
bob

On 2012-12-19 04:30:46 +0000, bob haller said:
defense related jobs are usually grossy overpaid.

There are probably near no defense related jobs in pittsburgh and
besides i was never interested in finding more ways to kill people....

but knowing some friends in defense related jobs, while regular jobs
pay well at 20 bucks a hour the defense jobs pay 3 times that.

Well, here in Houston there are lots of aerospace jobs with NASA. They
have good salaries for engineers and professionals but it doesn't pay
as well as the oil industry nearby. Gov't contractors don't get a lot
of profit. The oil companies have no such restrictions. Pick your
industry and be happy with it or move on.

Old December 21st 12, 11:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier

On 12/15/2012 8:13 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

On Friday, thrusters on each satellite will fire to guide the
spacecraft toward the unnamed mountain. The maneuver will also ensure
the satellites avoid striking landing sites from the Apollo, Surveyor
and Soviet space programs. Engineers calculated there was a 1-
in-125,000 chance the satellites would hit one of the heritage landing
sites, according to David Lehman, GRAIL project manager at NASA's Jet
Propulsion Laboratory

I'm sorry, but that's an insane set of probabilities! I don't believe
it.

Well, it depends on how you define "striking landing sites". A direct
impact is as you know very improbable. But, there could be a speck of
dust ejected into one of Armstrong's footstep, even if the actual impact
is 1000 km away.

Alain Fournier

Old December 26th 12, 09:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Doug Freyburger

Alain Fournier wrote:
Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

On Friday, thrusters on each satellite will fire to guide the
spacecraft toward the unnamed mountain. The maneuver will also ensure
the satellites avoid striking landing sites from the Apollo, Surveyor
and Soviet space programs. Engineers calculated there was a 1-
in-125,000 chance the satellites would hit one of the heritage landing
sites, according to David Lehman, GRAIL project manager at NASA's Jet
Propulsion Laboratory

I'm sorry, but that's an insane set of probabilities! I don't believe
it.

Well, it depends on how you define "striking landing sites". A direct
impact is as you know very improbable. But, there could be a speck of
dust ejected into one of Armstrong's footstep, even if the actual impact
is 1000 km away.

I wonder how much was wiped out when the LEM took off.
Old December 26th 12, 11:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Dec 26, 3:58*pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
Alain Fournier wrote:
Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

On Friday, thrusters on each satellite will fire to guide the
spacecraft toward the unnamed mountain. The maneuver will also ensure
the satellites avoid striking landing sites from the Apollo, Surveyor
and Soviet space programs. Engineers calculated there was a 1-
in-125,000 chance the satellites would hit one of the heritage landing
sites, according to David Lehman, GRAIL project manager at NASA's Jet
Propulsion Laboratory

I'm sorry, but that's an insane set of probabilities! *I don't believe
it.

Well, it depends on how you define "striking landing sites". A direct
impact is as you know very improbable. But, there could be a speck of
dust ejected into one of Armstrong's footstep, even if the actual impact
is 1000 km away.

I wonder how much was wiped out when the LEM took off.

no doubt many footprints were scoured by the exhaust, not so much on
flights where astronauts walked or drove far distances.

still its good to protect whatever remains
Old December 28th 12, 09:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Alain Fournier wrote:
Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

[...]

That naked surface attracts all sorts of impacts that would never be
drawn anywhere near ISS. ISS is still protected extensively by the
geomagnetic field surrounding us, whereas the physically dark and
naked moon has no such protective benefits. Each surface impact on
the moon also generates millions of secondary shards capable of
individually moving at more than a km/sec if not nearly or even above
escape velocity. That moon is also surrounded by a substantial cloud
or exosphere of its own highly ionized sodium.

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth Usenet/”Guth
Venus”,GuthVenus
“GuthVenus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...18595926178146
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hi...c115s095_1.gif
https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...8634/BradGuth#