Giant Black Hole Kicked Out of Home Galaxy

Old June 13th 12, 10:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Doug Freyburger

Default Giant Black Hole Kicked Out of Home Galaxy

wrote:

RELEASE: 12-182

GIANT BLACK HOLE KICKED OUT OF HOME GALAXY

WASHINGTON -- Astronomers have found strong evidence that a massive
black hole is being ejected from its host galaxy at a speed of
several million miles per hour. New observations from NASA's Chandra
X-ray Observatory suggest that the black hole collided and merged
with another black hole and received a powerful recoil kick from
gravitational wave radiation.

Combining other observations -

Each dwarf galaxy formed around a large black hole. The vast majority
of current dwarf galaxies still have theirs.

Each large galaxy like our own Milky Way was formed by merging many
dwarf galaxies. The large black holes at the cores of large galaxies
will have come from merging the black holes as the dwarf galaxies merged.

The three body problem says that if two large bodies collide the third
will be ejected.

So what happened to the dozens of large black holes form all of the
dwarf galaxies that merged to form the Milky Way and so many other large
galaxies? I say about half of them have been ejected into inter galatic
space and have been there ever since.

A significant fraction of the mass of the universe should be in such
black holes. I take it estimates of the total observable mass of the
universe includes these as the one observed here was predictable once it
was known that large galaxies happen by merging dwarf ones.
Old June 14th 12, 12:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Nun Giver

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:11:34 PM UTC-7, Doug Freyburger wrote:
wrote:

RELEASE: 12-182

[...]

Perhaps all of dark matter is in fact ejected black holes?
You've got a hypothesis, run with it.

Great posting to the first poster thanks..................Trig
Old June 14th 12, 05:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 13, 4:42*pm, Nun Giver wrote:
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:11:34 PM UTC-7, Doug Freyburger wrote:
wrote:

RELEASE: 12-182

[...]

Yes indeed, rogue/wandering nomad BHs could easily take the place of
all that missing mass.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG, Guth Usenet/Guth Venus
Old June 20th 12, 05:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 14, 10:28*am, Doug Freyburger wrote:
Nun Giver wrote:
Doug Freyburger wrote:
quoted:

GIANT BLACK HOLE KICKED OUT OF HOME GALAXY

So what happened to the dozens of large black holes form all of the
dwarf galaxies that merged to form the Milky Way and so many other large
galaxies? *I say about half of them have been ejected into inter galatic
space and have been there ever since.

A significant fraction of the mass of the universe should be in such
black holes. *I take it estimates of the total observable mass of the
universe includes these as the one observed here was predictable once it
was known that large galaxies happen by merging dwarf ones.

Perhaps all of dark matter is in fact ejected black holes?
You've got a hypothesis, run with it.

The problem with that is the amount of matter in ejected black holes
will be under the amount of visible matter. *Likely less than half. *it
does not tip the scales enough to replace dark matter. *It just changes
the ratio.

Great posting to the first poster thanks

And how. *Ron Baalke has posted an endless stream of excellent space
status for years. *Much appreciated!

Funny, there is no "Ron Baalke", because more than a dozen others get
to use his/her internet posting accounts.

Old June 22nd 12, 05:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 13, 2:11*pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
wrote:

RELEASE: 12-182

[...]

How many black holes are going to go flying off when Andromeda nails
our galaxy?
Old June 22nd 12, 06:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Orval Fairbairn

In article
,
Brad Guth wrote:

On Jun 13, 2:11*pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
wrote:

RELEASE: 12-182

[...]

I don't know, since I do not expect to be around when it happens.
Old June 22nd 12, 09:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 22, 10:03*am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,
*Brad Guth wrote:

On Jun 13, 2:11*pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
wrote:

RELEASE: 12-182

[...]

That's true enough, but thousands of generations from now there will
also be few if any humans or all that much other complex forms of life
on Earth. However, since at least half of them BHs have been ejected
and/or about to get set free to trek about the IGM of our universe,
there's a chance that our galaxy could be in for a nasty surprise
that's in addition to all that currently unstable within as is.

Could the JWST detect such rogue/nomad BHs headed our way?