Solar Eclipse Sequences from Greece

Old October 3rd 05, 05:23 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default Solar Eclipse Sequences from Greece

Dear Friends,

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For
a couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

A Canon EOS 300d was used at the prime focus of an AP160/f7.5 with
exposures every five minutes. Every third such exposure was ultimately
used for the construction of the sequences depicted in the above links.

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had
today in anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

Clear skies.

Anthony.
Old October 3rd 05, 06:24 PM
Beta Persei

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" ha scritto nel messaggio
Dear Friends,

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

Great, Anthony! Very nice. But the world is no more the same...even the
Norvegians (read: Carsten...) were successful in seeing the eclipse...I've
been flooded with rain outside and by my kitchen sink inside....:-(

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had today
in anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

mmm....sounds like a good alternative to Lybia and Egypt...I've to consider
it

Clear skies.

I wish!

--
---
Beta Persei

remove "_nospam" to reply

Old October 3rd 05, 08:35 PM
mcog

Dear Friends,

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

A Canon EOS 300d was used at the prime focus of an AP160/f7.5 with
exposures every five minutes. Every third such exposure was ultimately
used for the construction of the sequences depicted in the above links.

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had today
in anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

Clear skies.

Anthony.

Interessant et bien foutu...

@+

Olivier

Old October 3rd 05, 09:10 PM
gp.skinner

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

A Canon EOS 300d was used at the prime focus of an AP160/f7.5 with
exposures every five minutes. Every third such exposure was ultimately
used for the construction of the sequences depicted in the above links.

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had today
in anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

Clear skies.

I am it must be said very jealous, one your in Greece, and two you seen
something of the eclipse.

Graeme

Old October 3rd 05, 09:29 PM
Andreas Vossinakis

Hi Anthony
very nice sequence you got there.
We at Thessaloniki had a great time watching and showing the eclipse to
students at the Aristotle's University campus.
Visit www.ofa.gr for photos

Andreas Vossinakis
(we met at the 4th conference in Athens and had a little chat about ISS
transit. We did see it but unfortunately we were imaging a different quarter
and eventually we missed it. Better luck next time)

Andreas Vossinakis

Old October 3rd 05, 11:10 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Beta Persei wrote:
"Anthony Ayiomamitis" ha scritto nel messaggio

Dear Friends,

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

Ciao Franco,

Great, Anthony! Very nice. But the world is no more the same...even the
Norvegians (read: Carsten...) were successful in seeing the eclipse...I've
been flooded with rain outside and by my kitchen sink inside....:-(

I am sorry to hear that you missed the event due to the weather. We are
blessed to have excellent weather year-round. Come to Greece! ;-)

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had today
in anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

mmm....sounds like a good alternative to Lybia and Egypt...I've to consider
it

Please do. I have a lot of friends from various parts of the world
planning to view and image the eclipse from Kastelorizo and it would be
very nice having you amongst us as well!

Clear skies.

I wish!

Hehehehehe ...

Anthony.

Old October 3rd 05, 11:11 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

gp.skinner wrote:

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

A Canon EOS 300d was used at the prime focus of an AP160/f7.5 with
exposures every five minutes. Every third such exposure was ultimately
used for the construction of the sequences depicted in the above links.

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had today
in anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

Clear skies.

Graeme,

I am it must be said very jealous, one your in Greece, and two you seen
something of the eclipse.

Hint: March 29, 2006 ... the Greek isle of Kastelorizo will enjoy 3
minutes of totality. ;-)

Anthony.

Graeme

Old October 3rd 05, 11:19 PM
Esmail Bonakdarian

nice job as usual Anthony, thanks!!

Esmail
Old October 3rd 05, 11:57 PM
Thierry

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
Dear Friends,

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

Hi Greece !
Superb Anthony (as usual...).
An advice : next time try to make a very big zoom with your AP of the moon
limb projected on the sun disk. You could see the outline of moon reliefs
onto the sun, a fine subject too rarely tackled (still better when there are
sunspots near).

A+
Thierry

Old October 4th 05, 08:56 AM
ByB

Bien que tout le monde le sache déja, remercions Anthony Ayiomamitis
d'avoir pensé à écrire que
Dear Friends,

We were privy to GREAT weather in Greece for today's solar eclipse. For a
couple of sequences, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03.htm and/or
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2005-10-03b.htm .

A Canon EOS 300d was used at the prime focus of an AP160/f7.5 with exposures
every five minutes. Every third such exposure was ultimately used for the
construction of the sequences depicted in the above links.

Next year's solar eclipse includes totality through Greece and, more
specifically, through the Isle of Kastelorizo. What a preview we had today in
anticipation of next year's (local) totality!

Clear skies.

Anthony.

Could I know what kind of solar filter you used with your camera for
obtaining such images ? Mine (http://barral.b.free.fr/astro/eclipse.htm
) are not so clear.

This is a great work !

--
Tout métier qui ne fait pas oublier le travail est un esclavage. [Henri
Jeanson]