ASTRO: Region around NGC6914 Skywatcher ED80

Old September 16th 07, 03:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Region around NGC6914 Skywatcher ED80

Hi folks,

I had another gap in the clouds last night so I had a go at imaging the
region around NGC6914 in Cygnus. The whole of Cygnus is full of potential
targets and its difficult to choose and settle on a specific area.

Again I used my Skywatcher ED80 refractor, Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with
Astronomik HAlpha and RGB filters. The H-alpha frame was a stack of 21x5min
exposures at 1x1 binning, and the RGB frames were stacks of 4x5min exposures
at 2x2 bin. All the images were autoguided using a Celestron Ultima 9.25 and
PHD Guiding. Processing was done in AstroArt 4.

I think the final image could do with more HAlpha signal and the blue frames
could do with some more exposure as well. Light clouds kept rolling through
so it was a bit difficut acquiring all the necessary frames. In the end the
clouds won!

Regards and clear skies.
David Cash

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC6914_HaRGB.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	1226

Old September 20th 07, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Hi Stefan,

Thanks very much for your kind comments.

Best wishes
Dave