CEV now in production

Old May 12th 05, 06:19 AM
Scott Lowther

Default CEV now in production

I'll set up a page for this at some point, but for now, photos:
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev1.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev2.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev3.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev4.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev5.jpg
Old May 12th 05, 09:47 AM
Damon Hill

Scott Lowther wrote in
:

http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev4.jpg

I'd comment, but it's too late. I'll let someone
else slap you around. (The line forms here.)

--Damon
Old May 12th 05, 09:59 AM
Neil Gerace

I hope the real one looks less like Mother's Little Helper than the model.

Old May 12th 05, 10:53 AM
Chuck Stewart

On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:19:27 +0000, Scott Lowther wrote:

I'll set up a page for this at some point, but for now, photos:
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev1.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev2.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev3.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev4.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev5.jpg

Very nice!

But are there fittings for an optional concealed 20mm Vulcan cannon
and deployable launch racks for the KKV microsats?

With Pat's increasing inability to actually comprehend what he's
reading (if it was written by anyone remotely associated with the
Bush administration) I figure he'll feel he's been gypped if his CEV
model can't be kitted out in its true role as a US Space Force
orbital killing machine

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old May 12th 05, 11:35 AM
Pat Flannery

Scott Lowther wrote:

You really had me going there for a second- I thought that LockMart had
already started building one, and thought to myself "Boy, when they
speed this program up, they really speed it up!" :-)

Pat
Old May 12th 05, 12:39 PM
Pat Flannery

Chuck Stewart wrote:

Very nice!

But are there fittings for an optional concealed 20mm Vulcan cannon
and deployable launch racks for the KKV microsats?

With Pat's increasing inability to actually comprehend what he's
reading (if it was written by anyone remotely associated with the
Bush administration) I figure he'll feel he's been gypped if his CEV
model can't be kitted out in its true role as a US Space Force
orbital killing machine

Actually, the information on the Space Tug in the report states that it
is used to "deploy, reconstitute, replenish, refurbish, augment, and
sustain" space systems, not attack them per say. In short, it performs
the functions one would associate with a small shuttle-type
vehicle...like the CEV for instance.
More info on the Air Force's advance spaceflight desires he
http://cndyorks.gn.apc.org/yspace/ar...r_in_space.htm
The use of unmanned hypersonic Common Air Vehicles (CAVs) carried by
spaceplanes to deliver multiple PGMs is interesting:
http://cndyorks.gn.apc.org/yspace/articles/h_cav_02.jpg
This is probably something similar to what Putin has been bragging about
of recent.

Pat
Old May 12th 05, 02:54 PM
Ed Kyle

Scott Lowther wrote:
I'll set up a page for this at some point, but for now, photos:
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev1.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev2.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev3.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev4.jpg
http://up-ship.com/ptm/CEV/pdqcev5.jpg

I figured these things would only be stamped out
in China.

I hope you remembered to pay your licensing fee! :-#)

- Ed Kyle

Old May 12th 05, 05:01 PM

I figured these things would only be stamped out in China.

Just like the real thing...

I hope you remembered to pay your licensing fee!

No habla Inglais.

Old May 12th 05, 05:34 PM

I'll let someone else slap you around.

I take it you don't want one, then...

Old May 12th 05, 05:37 PM

But are there fittings for an optional concealed 20mm Vulcan cannon
and deployable launch racks for the KKV microsats?

Actually, the Lockheed CEV design seems to have buckets of space in the
rear for such things.

With Pat's increasing inability to actually comprehend what he's

reading...

....which is why I killfiled him some time ago.