Comet Tails ?????

Old December 12th 17, 04:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

Default Comet Tails ?????

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 6:18:07 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:
palsing wrote:
On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 10:10:31 AM UTC-8, Bast wrote:

It's actually quite narrow minded to think that in a solar system as
diverse as it is, that comets or asteroids would ALL be identical in
their compositions.

I would agree with this opinion. We will always have lots to learn
about all things in our solar system.

Why NASA keeps trying to sell us one story always makes me wonder why.

If you really think that NASA is stuck on just one story, well, you
have not read enough about the subject matter at hand. Science in
general and astronomers in particular are constantly looking to update
their views about "the way things really are", and that is not likely
to change anytime soon. That's the way science works...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Oh look, I used Google to find a Wiki article... which automatically
means you will probably find a lot of fault with the results...

Well,....at least I won't disappoint you when I say that two wrongs, are not
likely to make a right..

I have nothing against seeking out knowledge.
But I do have a problem when NASA is doing it, and always seems to be trying
to prove their findings before they even start any experiment.
THAT,.....Is bad science......Cart before the horse, kind of thing.

Can you provide an example of NASA engaging in bad science? I can't imagine what you are referencing here.

.....It's the kind of science that gave us Global warming/coooling climate
change,.....or the E.U. government.

Even though the 40 or so trillion tons of CO2 dumped into the atmosphere each year these days by humanity only amounts to about 4% of what nature dumps into the atmosphere herself, it is still enough to upset the balance of nature... and the passage of time will prove this to be accurate. The signs are everywhere, to varying degrees of severity. I myself have the feeling that it is too late to reverse the trend. No proof to offer, just my own hunch, right or wrong.

I'm too old for any of this to have much of an impact on me, but I fear for my grandchildren and for the descendants *of* my grandchildren, who will eventually bear the burden of dealing with an angry Mother Nature... and it will not be pretty.

Deniers are free to deny all they want, but in the end, eventually, it's not nice to fool Mother Nature... and besides, it can't be done, she will win every battle.

Old December 12th 17, 04:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 6:18:07 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:

Well,....at least I won't disappoint you when I say that two wrongs, are not
likely to make a right..

However, 3 lefts make a right...
Old December 12th 17, 06:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

palsing wrote:
[...]

No one is denying that the earth will win.
It was here long before man, and will be here long after the bags of water
and protoplasm are gone.

However your "science" of man made climate.... never seems to explain why
the worlds climate has been warming ever since the last ice age,....of even
why an ice age occurred in the first place.

You can't draw a conclusion, and then create experiments to validate that
conclusion.
And then use that as proof of anything......

UNLESS you are Government funded. and have a job at NASA

Old December 12th 17, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Herbert Glazier" wrote in message

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 1:51:42 AM UTC-8, Hägar wrote:
"palsing" wrote in message

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 12:44:21 PM UTC-8, Hägar wrote:

*** you are one clueless dummy, treBert. By the time comets are
visible to the naked eye, they have two tails.
One trails in the direction of travel and the other is blown in the
direction of the Solar Wind, pointing away from the Sun.

Not exactly correct. 2 tails, yes, but neither one trails in the direction
of travel, unless I am not understanding what you mean by this. Both tails
point away from the Sun, but the dust trail curves and the gas (ion) tail
does not...

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/...tary+Dust+Tail

http://hubblesite.org/reference_desk...at=solarsystem

*** my apology ... this was treBert asking the question and I tried
to make the answer as simple as possible. It appears, he's never
heard of Google ...

Should we just go to Google and never talk things over? Shame on
us.Treb&Bert

*** We would love to talk things over, treBert, but in your case
that would be like engaging in a discussion about science with
an adobe brick ...

Old December 12th 17, 11:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

No Bert, we should talk things over AND go to Google to provide academic support for our positions. I understand that Google will provide both wheat and chaff, but that is always the case with information, both now and before Google, and we need to be able to tell the difference. That's where education and experience are needed to guide us through the minefields awaiting us.
Old December 13th 17, 12:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 2:16:54 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 11:15:04 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

I saw Halley comet when I was 5 or 6 Many moons ago.

No Bert, you almost certainly did not see Halley's comet when you were 5 or 6 years old. The last appearance was in 1986, and I rather doubt that you are only about 37 years of age now. The appearance before that was in 1910, and I doubt very much that you are 113 or so years old now.

It must have been a different comet that you saw when you were 5 or 6 years old. A good project for you would be to research what comet was both in the sky and was also a bright naked-eye object when you were about that age....

It was probably the 1910 one. Bert's been lying about his true age for years!

The 1986 return was a big flop. I couldn't even see it.

Double-A

Old December 13th 17, 02:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 3:30:34 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 2:16:54 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 11:15:04 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

I saw Halley comet when I was 5 or 6 Many moons ago.

No Bert, you almost certainly did not see Halley's comet when you were 5 or 6 years old. The last appearance was in 1986, and I rather doubt that you are only about 37 years of age now. The appearance before that was in 1910, and I doubt very much that you are 113 or so years old now.

It must have been a different comet that you saw when you were 5 or 6 years old. A good project for you would be to research what comet was both in the sky and was also a bright naked-eye object when you were about that age...

It was probably the 1910 one. Bert's been lying about his true age for years!

The 1986 return was a big flop. I couldn't even see it.

The 1986 return of Halley's Comet was difficult to see from the city. I had the advantage of having a telescope with accurate setting circles and a good ephemeris for the comet, so I was able to sweep it up pretty easily. Once I knew exactly where it was, I could see it, very faintly, with the naked eye, but it would have been nearly impossible to find without knowing just where to look for it. Once I got out into the desert to my dark-sky observing location it was quite easy to see, a marvelous through the telescope. However, there have been many comets in my lifetime that have been far better to view, including Hale-Bopp, Hyakutake, and McNaught, the great comet of 2007. Even though McNaught was definitely a southern-hemisphere object, from my dark sky spot we could see *7* spikes in the tail at sunset, but not the comet itself. It was amazing! Here is a picture...

http://twanight.org/newTWAN/photos/3001025.jpg

.... but from North America, the comet itself was well below the horizon at sunset and all we could see was the tail going left-to-right above the sunset. Just imagine cutting off the lower half of this photo, and that is what I saw. Very memorable. I was lucky to meet Rob McNaught a couple of years ago when I was part of a behind-the-scenes tour of the Anglo-Australian Telescope at Siding Springs in Australia, that was a treat for me.
Old December 13th 17, 02:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 11:15:04 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Most have one tail.Some have two,and some no tail at all.Some tails are a million miles long(WOW) What are these tails made off? I think dust??? Some say water.Is the sun not only reflecting light of these dusty tails,but also creating them? Photons from sun do effect the direction of tails when comet swings around the sun. Is it possible comets leaving the Oort cloud have no tails,and tails come to be when comet enters the solar system? I saw Halley comet when I was 5 or 6 Many moons ago.Treb&bert

Pulsing Thank you.That was the best picture of a comet I ever saw.People seem to be able to find comets better in the last 15 years.Finding one and have it named after you puts your name in every library in the world.Google as well.WOW TreBert

Old December 13th 17, 05:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

Glazier repeated himself about his tale & pail....
In http://tinyurl.com/Bert-s-Selfintroductn-Oct2017,
http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig wrote:
"My Grandfathers had tails". -- Trebert
"Most have one tail.Some have two, (WOW)
"Being Jewish I know this is so very true" -- Bert.

Glazier's ancestral tails are reasons why Bert now
talks to "The reeking excrement bucket" which Bert
calls "Treb", into which Glazier ****s into, to cover up
https://tinyurl.com/Glazier-s-sexual-harassments as
http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-s-de-Minting is happening
& http://tinyurl.com/Swine-Glazier-s-Undertaker waits
with the gruesome end that she has in store for Bert.