Change in average global temperature from 1880 to 2014 - Nasa

Old September 24th 14, 03:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Change in average global temperature from 1880 to 2014 - Nasa

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:46:48 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:58:17 AM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

That "limitless energy" is not arriving fast enough to power solar-powered minivans for everyone. Given that, how do YOU rationalize driving an ICE van, loaded with luxury items, across the country if you are truly concerned about climate change?

Once again: It's very simple. I support the science behind climate change and will support those scientists and legislators who are working to advance renewable energy for the future. It's a matter of future security of our nation.

In the meantime you are causing damage to the environment to an extent much higher than that of the average world citizen. You need to practice what you preach, before preaching to others.

P.S. We drive an electric back and forth to work and around town, and have not used any gasoline since about March of this year. Our electricity comes from 100% renewables, which is something that you can sign up for here in our area. Cost is the same.

There are NOT, nor will there be, enough renewables to power everyone's vehicles and lifestyles. Your energy is coming from fossil fuels, whether you are man enough to admit it or not.

Old September 24th 14, 04:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

Nope! Quit lying. My electric is not coming from fossil fuels. We have clean energy option where I live: https://cleanenergyoption.com/
Old September 24th 14, 05:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:09:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:46:48 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:58:17 AM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

Once again: It's very simple. I support the science behind climate change and will support those scientists and legislators who are working to advance renewable energy for the future. It's a matter of future security of our nation.

In the meantime you are causing damage to the environment to an extent much higher than that of the average world citizen. You need to practice what you preach, before preaching to others.

I see where I don't seem to be living up to your high standards. I feel really bad about that, really! Honest!! Urk.

Please kind sir, may I have another bowl of porridge?
Old September 24th 14, 11:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:15:03 AM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:09:27 AM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:46:48 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:58:17 AM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

P.S. We drive an electric back and forth to work and around town, and have not used any gasoline since about March of this year. Our electricity comes from 100% renewables, which is something that you can sign up for here in our area. Cost is the same.

There are NOT, nor will there be, enough renewables to power everyone's vehicles and lifestyles. Your energy is coming from fossil fuels, whether you are man enough to admit it or not.

Nope! Quit lying. My electric is not coming from fossil fuels. We have clean energy option where I live: https://cleanenergyoption.com/

That energy has already been bought and paid for by all taxpayers via government subsidies. You would need to have your own windmill, solar, etc., on-site, un-subsidized, and not connected to the grid to make your claims of 100% renewable electricity for you car.

Old September 24th 14, 11:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:15:23 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:09:27 AM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:46:48 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:58:17 AM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

Once again: It's very simple. I support the science behind climate change and will support those scientists and legislators who are working to advance renewable energy for the future. It's a matter of future security of our nation.

In the meantime you are causing damage to the environment to an extent much higher than that of the average world citizen. You need to practice what you preach, before preaching to others.

I see where I don't seem to be living up to your high standards. I feel really bad about that, really! Honest!! Urk.

It doesn't matter how much subsidized electricity you "buy" (steal might be a better word) when your carbon emissions from other activities grossly exceeds both the world average and the target amount.

Absent subsidies, there wouldn't be any wind or solar for you to buy (steal) from a power company.

Old September 25th 14, 05:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:20:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

OOps, now I'm stealing. Won't the injustice ever end? Urk.
Old October 1st 14, 11:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:24:18 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:20:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:

It doesn't matter how much subsidized electricity you "buy" (steal might be a better word) when your carbon emissions from other activities grossly exceeds both the world average and the target amount.

Absent subsidies, there wouldn't be any wind or solar for you to buy (steal) from a power company.

OOps, now I'm stealing. Won't the injustice ever end? Urk.

You would not paying the true cost of the "green" electricity that you claim you are consuming if everyone else is paying to subsidize that electricity, whether they wish to or not. Therefore you would be, in essence, stealing from others even if you were not aware of it.

Now if you will simply admit that your share of renewable energy from the grid is approximately equal to everyone elses, and NOT 100% as you try to claim, then your stealing problem goes away.

If you see any flaws in the argument that I have just presented, then point them out. Otherwise, you must accept my argument as true.