Venus Saturday night

Old June 4th 12, 11:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
uncarollo

Default Venus Saturday night

Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250 sec.
The 3rd shot is a stack of 40 single exposures at 1/1250 sec each (not
video). I wanted to see how far around I could record the anses.

The sky was blue with white puffy clouds, and the seeing was quite
bad, boiling to beat the band.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787725.jpg

A few seconds later:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787726.jpg

Stack of 40 exposures:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787727.jpg
Old June 4th 12, 11:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 4, 3:25*pm, uncarollo wrote:
Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250 sec.
The 3rd shot is a stack of 40 single exposures at 1/1250 sec each (not
video). I wanted to see how far around I could record the anses.

The sky was blue with white puffy clouds, and the seeing was quite
bad, boiling to beat the band.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...images/forums/....

A few seconds later:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...images/forums/....

Stack of 40 exposures:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...images/forums/....

Very nice, especially along with those clouds.
Old June 5th 12, 12:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Howard Lester[_2_]

"uncarollo" wrote

Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250 sec.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787725.jpg

I love the feel of that first one, the clouds helping give it all a greater
sense of "drama." That's just terrific.

Old June 5th 12, 12:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 6/4/12 3:25 PM, uncarollo wrote:
images of Venus

Occasionally hyperbole is justified.
Old June 5th 12, 02:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

On Monday, June 4, 2012 3:25:27 PM UTC-7, uncarollo wrote:
Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250 sec.
The 3rd shot is a stack of 40 single exposures at 1/1250 sec each (not
video). I wanted to see how far around I could record the anses.

The sky was blue with white puffy clouds, and the seeing was quite
bad, boiling to beat the band.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787725.jpg

A few seconds later:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787726.jpg

Stack of 40 exposures:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787727.jpg

Excellent! Thanks for posting.
Old June 5th 12, 02:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, June 4, 2012 3:25:27 PM UTC-7, uncarollo wrote:
Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250 sec.
The 3rd shot is a stack of 40 single exposures at 1/1250 sec each (not
video). I wanted to see how far around I could record the anses.

The sky was blue with white puffy clouds, and the seeing was quite
bad, boiling to beat the band.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787725.jpg

A few seconds later:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787726.jpg

Stack of 40 exposures:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787727.jpg

With clouds, without clouds, its all good. I'm blown away...

\Paul A
Old June 5th 12, 03:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jim[_23_]

On 6/4/2012 5:25 PM, uncarollo wrote:
Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250 sec.
The 3rd shot is a stack of 40 single exposures at 1/1250 sec each (not
video). I wanted to see how far around I could record the anses.

The sky was blue with white puffy clouds, and the seeing was quite
bad, boiling to beat the band.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787725.jpg

A few seconds later:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787726.jpg

Stack of 40 exposures:

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...999/787727.jpg

Those were great shots, thanks for sharing!!!

Old June 5th 12, 02:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:25:27 -0700 (PDT), uncarollo
wrote:
Hi all,

I took some images of Venus on Saturday around 5:30pm. The first two
images are single exposures taken with 175EDF refractor, Baader FFC
barlow and my Sony NEX-7 digital camera. Exposure time was 1/1250

sec.
The 3rd shot is a stack of 40 single exposures at 1/1250 sec each

(not
video). I wanted to see how far around I could record the anses.

The sky was blue with white puffy clouds, and the seeing was quite
bad, boiling to beat the band.

http://www.astromart.com/common/imag...ages/forums/78
7000-787999/787725.jpg

A few seconds later: