Equinox Sunrise

Old September 26th 14, 08:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Equinox Sunrise

imgur.com/8wx48U4

This astrophotography business is new to me and hopefully this image shows up.

It was taken down at sea level in an area where the ancient people 5200 years ago harvested large boulders which go into the perimeter stones around the Newgrange monument.

This is what they would have seen on the morning of the Equinox all those thousands of years ago as I did a few days ago.
Old September 27th 14, 07:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, September 26, 2014 8:34:13 PM UTC+1, oriel36 wrote:
imgur.com/8wx48U4

This astrophotography business is new to me and hopefully this image shows up.

It was taken down at sea level in an area where the ancient people 5200 years ago harvested large boulders which go into the perimeter stones around the Newgrange monument.

This is what they would have seen on the morning of the Equinox all those thousands of years ago as I did a few days ago.

http://www.newgrange.com/newgrange/winter-solstice.jpg

It did occur to me that the builders of Newgrange considered the elevated hillside when constructing the monument insofar as when the Sun emerges from the horizon at sea level it takes a while to get to its full radiance whereas the local foreground reference of a hill opposite the monument creates a more dramatic spectacle.

Newgrange,like Stonehenge, is a working astronomical monument rather than an archaeological artifact. The Solstice alignments still occur as they did 5200 years ago for Newgrange and 4200 years ago for Stonehenge indicating that axial precession as it is presently understood can't be maintained as a dynamic description for the precession of the Equinoxes. The observed precession is related to the leap day correction in that it represents the additional correction needed to keep days aligned to the orbital points of the Solstices and Equinoxes and uses the same observation of the ecliptic motion of the stars behind the Sun in sequence.

There is something lovely about that area as it is among the few places where it is possible to stand and see nothing of modern civilization and would have looked the same for those builders all those years ago. Without all the trappings of contemporary culture other than the clothes I wear, it is possible to get the same sense of satisfaction as my astronomical ancestors once did and then we get back to our daily lives with all its concerns and responsibilities just as those ancient people once did.
Old September 28th 14, 07:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

Read all about it!

Ø1461 stuck between edrock and a hard place!

People in arranged marriages should not throw [standing] stones!
Old September 29th 14, 12:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

A true Christian is not driven by an ideology as many of those who live by social/political ideologies are but by inspiration which is the more plain term for spirit. The more intimate a Christian is with the core feeling which drives them, the more creation lights up with the same substance hence all things in God and God in all things. It is not a constant thing but how many times some topic,music or expression will encompass the person and take them outside their daily responsibilities and concerns -

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." Christian saying

The outsider generally doesn't get it or shunts Christianity into an ideology about going to heaven and avoiding hell by adopting some sort of lifestyle however a Christian who is familiar with their creative and productive faculties will concentrate on how to deal with inspiration as it comes and goes according to their talents.

Looking backwards or forwards, astronomy is one of those things which finds a home in the spirit of a person and always has so that when people try to be too clever or try to draw attention to themselves they lose the ability to feel what is right from what is not. The image I took from a cave on the Equinox is an image in time but goes in many directions but one such direction may be the relevant of all -

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern."
-- William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Old October 2nd 14, 08:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Monday, 29 September 2014 13:59:03 UTC+2, ø1461 wrote:
Heaven and Hell

All intimations to piety only confirm your terminal hypocrisy.
Your proven lack of morals precedes your every, delusional utterance.
Your arrogance is the gravitational lens to your drooling idiocy.
Wrap it up any way you like. You still talk complete and utter bølløcks!
You were weighed by your betters and found severely wanting.
You are just another number. Take a number and wait in line.

Harp Sunrise on the Equinox oriel36[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 0 September 26th 14 08:25 PM
Sunrise Science Fan Amateur Astronomy 107 February 2nd 12 06:10 PM
sunrise sunset mewthree Misc 4 March 16th 07 05:13 PM
Sunrise on Clavius William C. Keel Amateur Astronomy 2 February 26th 07 04:21 PM
sunrise angle [email protected] UK Astronomy 7 January 20th 07 11:35 AM