Time dilation measurement

Old September 23rd 14, 07:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Time dilation measurement

Time dilation measured in lab at 0.4C

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...ghtin-the-lab/
Old September 23rd 14, 08:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:53:09 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
Time dilation measured in lab at 0.4C

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...ghtin-the-lab/

This is early 20th century empirical rubbish which not only distracts from the wonders of the celestial arena, it does so in a specific way.The whole issue centers on the Equation of Time and a mathematician's idiosyncratic version of the difference between the 24 AM/PM cycle and the variations in the natural noon cycle -

"Absolute time, in astronomy, is distinguished from relative, by the equation of time. For the natural days are truly unequal, though they are commonly considered as equal and used for a measure of time; astronomers correct this inequality for their more accurate deducing of the celestial motions.The necessity of which equation, for determining the times of a phenomenon, is evinced as well from the experiments of the pendulum clock, as by eclipses of the satellites of Jupiter." Newton

That bluff and voodoo of the early 20th century disguises many things Collins but nothing so more relevant than none of you understood your own system known as the 'universal theory of gravitiation'.

Once you understand the dynamics behind the variations in the natural noon cycle you will be fine but as for that outdated trash built on not understanding the external references for the Equation of Time, it now looks like a silly indulgence of old guys unable to adjust and adapt to modern tools.

Old September 24th 14, 07:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Goldfarb

In article ,
oriel36 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:53:09 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
Time dilation measured in lab at 0.4C

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...ghtin-the-lab/

This is early 20th century empirical rubbish which not only distracts
from the wonders of the celestial arena, it does so in a specific
way.The whole issue centers on the Equation of Time and a
mathematician's idiosyncratic version of the difference between the 24
AM/PM cycle and the variations in the natural noon cycle -

No. Special relativistic time dilation has nothing at all to do
with the Equation of Time. (Okay, they both have "time" in their
name. That's about it.)

--
David Goldfarb |"Any questions?"
Old September 24th 14, 09:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:07:08 AM UTC+1, David Goldfarb wrote:
In article ,

oriel36 wrote:

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:53:09 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

Time dilation measured in lab at 0.4C

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...ghtin-the-lab/

This is early 20th century empirical rubbish which not only distracts

from the wonders of the celestial arena, it does so in a specific

way.The whole issue centers on the Equation of Time and a

mathematician's idiosyncratic version of the difference between the 24

AM/PM cycle and the variations in the natural noon cycle -

No. Special relativistic time dilation has nothing at all to do

with the Equation of Time. (Okay, they both have "time" in their

name. That's about it.)

You have a century of bluff and voodoo built around Newton's idiosyncratic take on the Equation of Time as absolute/relative time hence they built an ideology on a fictional 'Time Machine' narrative rather than go back and look at what Sir Isaac was actually trying to do with those external references. At least Mach openly acknowledged he hadn't a clue what Newton was up to nor make sense of something that doesn't -

"This absolute time can be measured by comparison with no motion; it has therefore neither a practical nor a scientific value; and no one is justified in saying that he knows aught about it. It is an idle metaphysical conception."
Mach, Analyse der Empfindungen, 6th ed.

I don't see the level of dignity and stature out there needed to untangle this train wreck and restore a stable narrative to astronomy where genuine research on dynamics can begin. The fact is that the wider population are held hostage to a stories conjured out of thin air thereby are being distracted from the visual narratives which explain such things as the Equation of Time via the dual rotations of the Earth to the central Sun.

I have to shake my head sometimes insofar as when I venture into dynamical causes such as why the Earth moves quicker in its orbit at certain times I see the solar system's galactic motion as an input or that the Earth moves around the Sun in a specific way by turning to the Sun as it does but the drones who are stuck back with a late 17th century clockwork solar system born of the calender scaffolding are getting in the way of what should be a vibrant pursuit.

How to drag people out of a cult is a far bigger question than the principles of astronomy and terrestrial sciences at the moment so I leave you to a science fiction 'time travel' notion that could be found on the shelves of any bookstore in the late 19th century -

"Scientific people,' proceeded the Time Traveller, after the pause required for the proper assimilation of this, 'know very well that Time is only a kind of Space." The Time Machine

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

We are all travelers in time as we move from childhood to adulthood and sometimes take notice of those great cycles that encompass our lives and the stories written in rock strata and those great physical features of our planet. Empiricists want to pervert the timely progression of life by inserting a silly notion that humans can control the progression of things by moving faster and they are not so much wrong but the saddest and most desperate human beings out there looking for attention.

Astronomers look out into the celestial arena and enjoy the timely passage of celestial objects but no more so than the motions of the Earth and how those motions change experiences on the surface as we,in the Norther hemisphere, move from Summer to Winter or visa versa in the Southern.

I promise those who move back into visual narratives that they will get back a thousand times the effort they put into interpreting the imaging and letting those old fictions fade and crumble away as they should.