Because of the *&%&$(& Republicans, I won't see the transit of Venus

Old June 5th 12, 01:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names[_1_]

Default Because of the *&%&$(& Republicans, I won't see the transit of Venus

I'm the chief election official at one of the precincts in my Virginia
county.

Virginia Republicans are having a primary election on 12 June to
decide on a candidate for the Senate seat being vacated by Senator Jim
Webb. The candidates are George "Macaca" Allen, Jr. (former governor
and Senator); Jamie Radtke (a bat**** crazy Teabagger); "Sideshow Bob"
Marshall (a wackadoodle delegate in our General Assembly); and, some
idjit that no one ever heard of.

Problem is this: TOV starts about 1800 EST. Our county election
board has scheduled a meeting of us election officials at 1900 at the
courthouse on Tuesday, 5 June -- a few minutes after the TOV starts.

About par for Republicans -- they've ruined the rest of the country,
now they're ruining this.

Old June 5th 12, 02:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:43:42 PM UTC-7, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names wrote:
I'm the chief election official at one of the precincts in my Virginia
county.

Virginia Republicans are having a primary election on 12 June to
decide on a candidate for the Senate seat being vacated by Senator Jim
Webb. The candidates are George "Macaca" Allen, Jr. (former governor
and Senator); Jamie Radtke (a bat**** crazy Teabagger); "Sideshow Bob"
Marshall (a wackadoodle delegate in our General Assembly); and, some
idjit that no one ever heard of.

Problem is this: TOV starts about 1800 EST. Our county election
board has scheduled a meeting of us election officials at 1900 at the
courthouse on Tuesday, 5 June -- a few minutes after the TOV starts.

About par for Republicans -- they've ruined the rest of the country,
now they're ruining this.

Call in sick.

Of course, if you miss it, you really might get sick ;)

Why take a chance?

Transit of Venus Tom Van Flandern Amateur Astronomy 52 June 18th 04 02:41 AM
Venus Transit - Earth Transit Aunt Buffy Misc 17 June 14th 04 12:31 AM
Transit of Venus jsp Policy 3 June 8th 04 08:04 PM
Venus Transit. John Morris Amateur Astronomy 1 June 8th 04 01:47 PM
Transit of Venus Peter Grimwood UK Astronomy 6 March 3rd 04 12:22 AM