The PST and making money

Old July 7th 06, 04:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw[_1_]

Default The PST and making money

We should not be making money with our telescopes. We should freely show
other folks the wonders of this universe that God created and educate them
regarding light pollution at the same time. Our payment is a reduction in
light pollution.

Old July 9th 06, 08:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Harry James

Mij Adyaw wrote:

We should not be making money with our telescopes. We should freely show
other folks the wonders of this universe that God created and educate them
regarding light pollution at the same time. Our payment is a reduction in
light pollution.

Telescopes are tools. Some people use their tools to make a living?
ky

Old July 9th 06, 11:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Joe Bergeron

In article , Harry James
wrote:

Telescopes are tools. Some people use their tools to make a living?

For most of us, telescopes are toys. The only guy I know who uses toys
to make a living is the Duncan Yo Yo Man, and I haven't heard anything
from him recently.

--
Joe Bergeron

http://www.joebergeron.com
Old July 9th 06, 02:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Alan French

"Joe Bergeron" wrote in message
ed...
In article , Harry James
wrote:

Telescopes are tools. Some people use their tools to make a living?

For most of us, telescopes are toys. The only guy I know who uses toys
to make a living is the Duncan Yo Yo Man, and I haven't heard anything
from him recently.

Joe,

This might be a better career opportunity than being "PST Man," or perhaps
someone could become a Duncan Yo Yo Man and H-alpha Man (or Woman). Maybe
Duncan would be interested in resurrecting Yo-Yo Man with a new "hook."

Contact information is here http://www.yo-yo.com/

Clear skies, Alan

Old July 10th 06, 12:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SunSeeker

GO **** YOUR DOG..DOG****ER!

Old July 10th 06, 12:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw[_1_]

Why are there so many buffoons in this group?

*PLONK*

One more buffoon gone!

Old July 10th 06, 09:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
chris evans

Set up a vga cam (CCD) so it can capture image from eyepeice and sell
the photos... not the actuall live viewing. (I did this with my
AudioVox camra phone, produce 640x480 and can xfer it to local email
server running on a laptop w/ wifi in the car.

Of course you'll need a good color printer to produce it.

--chris
http://nxdos.sourceforge.net/

SunSeeker wrote:
Do ya think having a PST and charging people to see the sun as it should be
seen is a good idea?

Old July 11th 06, 07:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chuck Taylor

Doink wrote:
What was the last thing you did for free that cost you something Sam? Just
curious. It's usually the ones that make the most "giving" noise that
actually do the least

Hmm, what does Sam contribute to saa for free? Usually he
donates some of the most knowledgeable posts I read. From the
way he writes them, I know he is experienced at sharing
knowledge whether he gets paid or not.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon? If so, try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

If you enjoy optics, try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ATM_Optics_Software/

Old July 11th 06, 06:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SunSeeker

Hmm, what does Sam contribute to saa for free? Usually he donates some of
the most knowledgeable posts I read. From the way he writes them, I know
he is experienced at sharing knowledge whether he gets paid or not.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon? If so, try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/