suppose earth and venus switched places. will venus produce life?

Old May 15th 06, 05:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default suppose earth and venus switched places. will venus produce life?

RSF Group wrote:
correck me if me wrong but i believes earth and venus about same sizey.

suppose earth and venus's positions were switched. okay, all earth
life will perish.

but, how about venus? will venus, now in earth's orbit, produce life
like we have on earth?
does venus--and mars, etc, etc--have all the basic chemical material to
produce lifey?

and what kind of life would it produce? will it roughly be like what
we have on earth?
will it produce dna and such?

given opportunity to create life, is the intrinsic chemical nature of
carbon compounds 'fated' to produce and replicate thru dna no matter
where in the universe?

can there be life with absence of carbon?

If Venus and Earth swapped placed, there's a good chance that life would
have developed on Venus, but considering the recently discovered varied
pathways that life could have taken in lifestyles and structure, to name
just two, I doubt that it would resemble what we have now. That goes
for a replaying of life's history in earth.

Sincerely,
--- Dave Nakamoto
Miller's Daughter --- There, I was visited by a bizarre, strange imp
of a man.
Sam Shovel --- Pee Wee Herman?
Miller's Daughter --- Not THAT strange.