"Project Orion: The True Story of the Atomic Spaceship"

Old July 27th 03, 09:23 PM
Charleston

Default "Project Orion: The True Story of the Atomic Spaceship"

I saw that book at Barnes and Noble and almost bought it. Please let me
know if it is good. If it is I'll buy it despite the reference to Scott ;-)
The price at Amazon is good too as it is full cover at B&N.
--

Daniel
Mount Charleston, not Charleston, SC

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message

Haven't read this yet but I'll get to it this fall, no doubt. However,
I was noodling through my current Smithsonian Air & Space (September
2003, arrived in the mail yesterday) and found a review on p. 80. Lo
and behold, the reviewer takes time to quote s.s.*'s very own Scott
Lowther. Congratulations, Scott. I think . . . ;-)

--
Herb Schaltegger, Esq.
Chief Counsel, Human O-Ring Society

Old July 27th 03, 10:54 PM
Scott Lowther

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Haven't read this yet but I'll get to it this fall, no doubt. However,
I was noodling through my current Smithsonian Air & Space (September
2003, arrived in the mail yesterday) and found a review on p. 80. Lo
and behold, the reviewer takes time to quote s.s.*'s very own Scott
Lowther.

Ba-bwuh???

Apart from supplying a small amount of the technical amterials used as
reference for the book (George Dyson himself has done - unsurprisingly
- a far more in-depth study of Orion than I have), I was quoted a grand
total of once in the book. Did the review use my "Jackass Flats" quip?

Congratulations, Scott. I think . . . ;-)

Yer damned right...

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer

"Any statement by Edward Wright that starts with 'You seem to think
that...' is wrong. Always. It's a law of Usenet, like Godwin's."
- Jorge R. Frank, 11 Nov 2002
Old July 27th 03, 10:54 PM
Scott Lowther

Charleston wrote:

I saw that book at Barnes and Noble and almost bought it. Please let me
know if it is good.

It's good. Even the paperback version.

If it is I'll buy it despite the reference to Scott ;-)

Yeah, I love you too.

Old July 28th 03, 12:11 AM
John Maxson

Default Austin's Bob Mosley III Leads Vicious 'Shoot the 51-L Messenger' Campaign

Apparently this is another attempt by Bob Mosley to
convince people that he has no redeeming social value.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote in message ...
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:54:49 -0700, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Charleston wrote:
If it is I'll buy it despite the reference to Scott ;-)

Yeah, I love you too.

...And that's far more of a chance than any sane person would give
Daniel's worthless father, that's for sure.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr