Hey Starlord

Old January 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Mark F.

Default Hey Starlord

How's the truck/car coming??

I saw Jupiter last night for 10 minuets right before bed time. It was low on
the horizon with some shimmer.
I think I saw 3 moons VERY COOL.

--
Hike High Mountain
Fish for Wild Trout

Old January 9th 04, 06:01 PM
Starlord

Well, after spending $55.00 for the needed tool to take head bolts out, I got
that much done. Now I need to buy a good 1/2inch drive socket to take the exhust
manfold off, then I can remove the heads at last and see what's up and do a
figure on how much time & $$ it'll take to do the rest of the job. So the
'Beast' still sleeps.

I've had Babylon 8 set up for a few mins out infront of my trailer to look at
Saturn, until I get too cold, then it's back inside.

I'll wait on Jupiter until it's up about 8pm or so. I want to try that 4.8
neggler on it at lest once.

I don't know, but the guy down in trailer 16 has two step vans, one he's keeping
to fix up for trips, the other he's going to sell, I'm not seen it run just yet,
but it would be a better hauler for the scope, I could leave it inside the van.
I think I just might talk to him about it, see what his price is and if we can
make a deal IF it runs.

Hike??? Me Hike??? I used to but not now-a-days. The hikes around town are
enough for me.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"Mark F." wrote in message
How's the truck/car coming??

I saw Jupiter last night for 10 minuets right before bed time. It was low on
the horizon with some shimmer.
I think I saw 3 moons VERY COOL.

--
Hike High Mountain
Fish for Wild Trout

---

Old January 9th 04, 09:40 PM
Starlord

As a side note, I got one of the heads off today, if I had the gaskets, it could
have been put right back on! But now I've got to work on the other head and that
one is going to be a Bit*H. And with the cloud cover we've got, no viewing
tonight.

Old January 10th 04, 08:03 AM
techer

Starlord wrote:

As a side note, I got one of the heads off today, if I had the gaskets, it could
have been put right back on! But now I've got to work on the other head and that
one is going to be a Bit*H. And with the cloud cover we've got, no viewing
tonight.

Why did you think the heads had to come off?