International Partners and the new space plan.

Old January 16th 04, 01:30 PM
Al Jackson

Default International Partners and the new space plan.

UPI ran this article a few days before Bush announced the new plan.

Bush to seek partners for space plan
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...1-094749-7399r

Yet in his speach , only heard 'International' mentioned in connection with the ISS.
Maybe its just a detail to come , but does seem like a logical idea not
do this in a unilateral manner. In fact I think that is what will happen,
cosidering the costs.

Has anybody seen , say,... ESA's reaction to the Bush plan?
Old January 16th 04, 02:20 PM
Jorge R. Frank

(Al Jackson) wrote in
om:

UPI ran this article a few days before Bush announced the new plan.

Bush to seek partners for space plan
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...1-094749-7399r

Yet in his speach , only heard 'International' mentioned in connection
with the ISS. Maybe its just a detail to come , but does seem like a
logical idea not do this in a unilateral manner. In fact I think that
is what will happen, cosidering the costs.

That's the pitfall of searching on a single term, like "international."

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/54868main_bush_trans.pdf

"We'll invite other nations to share the challenges and opportunities of
this new era of discovery. The vision I outline today is a journey, not a
race. And I call on other nations to join us on this journey, in the spirit
of cooperation and friendship."

Has anybody seen , say,... ESA's reaction to the Bush plan?

Check http://www.spacetoday.net/ :

"Russians Cool, But Europe Warms to U.S. Space Plan" (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...QUCRBAEZSF EY
?type=scienceNews&storyID=4134012

"Asia, Europe give nuanced welcome to Bush's space dream" (AFP)
http://www.spacedaily.com/2004/04011....rt5ege26.html

"EU welcomes US space plans, but has concerns" (AFP)
http://www.spacedaily.com/2004/04011....4qfwre2v.html

"ESA Officials Applaud Bush Exploration Plan" (space.com)
http://space.com/news/esa_bush_040115.html
--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old January 16th 04, 08:45 PM
Al Jackson

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message ...
(Al Jackson) wrote in
om:

UPI ran this article a few days before Bush announced the new plan.

Bush to seek partners for space plan
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...1-094749-7399r

Yet in his speach , only heard 'International' mentioned in connection
with the ISS. Maybe its just a detail to come , but does seem like a
logical idea not do this in a unilateral manner. In fact I think that
is what will happen, cosidering the costs.

That's the pitfall of searching on a single term, like "international."

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/54868main_bush_trans.pdf

"We'll invite other nations to share the challenges and opportunities of
this new era of discovery. The vision I outline today is a journey, not a
race. And I call on other nations to join us on this journey, in the spirit
of cooperation and friendship."

Yep! I blew that!
Thanks for the refs.
From reading those, it looks as if our partners would rather see the