Technical and Spiritual Development

Old February 23rd 05, 03:40 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Terrell Miller" wrote in message
.. .
William Mook wrote:

"A law" for something that you think will be administered

universally,

across all countries and cultures?

There is the Law of Gravity.

ever heard of artificial insemination and third-party childbirth, Bill?

Or cloning.

Old February 23rd 05, 06:36 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Terrell Miller
writes
William Mook wrote:

"A law" for something that you think will be administered

universally,

across all countries and cultures?

Yes. Applied to the makers of the drug. Recall medicines are
universally regulated in their manufacture.

ROTFLMAO

which is why Americans drive into Canada to buy drugs that are not
approved for use in humans in the US.

Does the phrase "flu shot" mean anything at all to you, idiot?

Who exactly is going to pass and enforce *a* law, Bill?

The same people who regulate the manufacture of drugs in the
international market today.

sigh

here's how international business works, Bill: each country has its own
laws and regulations. Some countries join organizations or trade groups
(the EC being a prime example, NAFTA is another) that in turn have laws
and regulations.

Except for a few special-case situations like Kyoto or merchant marine
law, there *are no* international regulations for goods and services.
It's whatever you and the individual country can work out.

And in Country A' they *can't* sell the product because it violates
that country's product purity standards or something.

Example: did you know that Coca-Cola is made with saccharine and/or
aspartame in some countries? Why? Because they *can* in some places and
it saves the Coca-Cola Company money.

Again, real real simple for you Bill: *there is no international
regulation agency*

There most certainly are international agencies, such as the Office
International des Epizooties (OIE, http://www.oie.int/), and when they
set standards those standards are respected.
But as you point out (and we in the UK are learning !) there aren't
international standards for things such as food additives.
--
Support the DEC Tsunami Appeal http://www.dec.org.uk/.
Old February 24th 05, 05:57 PM
William Mook

Terrell Miller wrote:
William Mook wrote:

"A law" for something that you think will be administered

universally,

across all countries and cultures?

Yes. Applied to the makers of the drug. Recall medicines are
universally regulated in their manufacture.

ROTFLMAO

which is why Americans drive into Canada to buy drugs that are not
approved for use in humans in the US.

So? I'm pointing out that the quality of and efficacy of drugs like
aspirin or pennicillin are maintained around the world by a variety of
factors. You are pointing out that there is some cross border trading
of drugs due to price, efficacy, side effects and so forth. You
wrongly imply that standard practice is impossible because there are
differences in price and availability from nation to nation.

Does the phrase "flu shot" mean anything at all to you, idiot?

Name calling so early in your rant, how unlike you.

Who exactly is going to pass and enforce *a* law, Bill?

The same people who regulate the manufacture of drugs in the
international market today.

sigh

here's how international business works, Bill: each country has its

own
laws and regulations. Some countries join organizations or trade

groups
(the EC being a prime example, NAFTA is another) that in turn have

laws
and regulations.

Again, so? We're looking at a specific sub-set of international law,
medical drugs. There is a broad agreement among all nations as to
medical effectiveness and safety.

http://www.who.int/medicines/strateg...qsmnorms.shtml

You wrongly imply that such is not possible.

Except for a few special-case situations like Kyoto or merchant

marine
law, there *are no* international regulations for goods and services.

Medicines are one of the special cases you omitted, and its what we're
discussing.

Bottom line, you are getting exercised to the point of calling me an
idiot over something having little to nothing to do with our original
conversation. Recall I said that effective anti-aging treatments would
be a great boon to humanity. You replied that people would be
impoverished and population would skyrocket. I said that was nonsense
because we could easily incorporate birth control measures into the
anti-aging drug. You said people wouldn't do that because some people
think birth control is evil. I said it wouldn't matter if medicine
makers were required to put the birth control drugs in the anti-aging
drug regardless. We are now arguing whether or not there is - or could
be - an effective international body to enforce such a law.

Every step along the way you have taken every opportunity to call me an
idiot and other low sorts of name-calling. Every step along the way
you have been grandly shown to be wrong in every detail.

Give it up.

It's whatever you and the individual country can work out.

Companies may do this, but international drug companies generally
operate in ways that limit their liability and costs which mean they
operate in ways that limit such individual working out of things.

What that means in practice is that if a company headquartered in
Country X wants to sell its product in Country Y, they apply for a
business license, supply samples of their product to the Ministry Of
Trade or equivalent, prolly slip the Minister some buckage, and in

turn
get reams of paperwork about all the things they have to do to sell
their product in Country Y. That could very well be (and very often

is)
totally different than what they need to do to sell the same basic
product in Countries X and Z. So in those countries they modify the
product, packaging and/or distribution method to comply with the

other
local laws and local customs. All for the same widget.]

This is not the practice of major international drug companies. So, it
isn't really germaine to our discussion - assuming it is correct at
all.

And in Country A' they *can't* sell the product because it violates

that
country's product purity standards or something.

shrug Clearly if you're Bayer and you manufacture aspirin, and
aspirin has to physically be a certain way to be effective and safe,
such bull**** as you describe would needlessly increase their costs of
production and the logistical cost of sending the right product to the
righ principality and so forth.

Example: did you know that Coca-Cola is made with saccharine and/or
aspartame in some countries? Why? Because they *can* in some places

and
it saves the Coca-Cola Company money.

So? Coca-cola is not in the drug manufacturing business so Coca-cola
is not an especially useful example of anything relevant to our
disucssion here.

Again, real real simple for you Bill: *there is no international
regulation agency*

Bull****.

http://www.fsmb.org/public_policy_co...tl_med_reg.htm

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/co.html

While portions of Columbia are not under Bogota's control, the
legislators and others in Bogota are working hard to re-establish
control. You've got it all wrong.

oopsie

Yep. Not the first. Not by a long shot.

realize that if you *and your entire clan* is immortal and breeds

like

crazy and gives your offspring the serum so they are immortal

and...,

then in a very short period of time you can be the Emperor of the

entire

planet?

The manufacturer of the drugs incorporate a chemical birth control

drug
to the treatment. Depo-provera injections for women injected along
with the anti-aging serum, and gonadotropin-releasing hormone
antagonist for males injected along with anti-aging serum - both
administered once every three months - would provide nearly 100%
effective birth control along with anti-aging. The serums would be
manufactured in pink and blue bottles, and have these substances
incorporated with them along with the telomerase and other

substances
that are injected at the same time.

ever heard of artificial insemination and third-party childbirth,

Bill?

So?

All these are even more regulated than most oommonly available
medicines and require the cooperation of health professionals. If
there were a law limiting the children available to those taking
anti-aging drugs such a law would be applied across the board, so this
wouldn't be a special problem.

Besides, birth control doesn't have to be perfect it only has to be
better at preventing birth than the anti-aging drug you're taking is at
preventing your death.

People will still die from all sorts of causes even if aging and age
related diseases were eliminated from humanity.

--
Terrell Miller

"Every gardener knows nature's random cruelty"
-Paul Simon George Harrison