Elusive Mercury

Old April 14th 10, 11:56 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
CJ

Default Elusive Mercury

Hi all,

Just to say thank you to all the people who responded to my initial post.
I must confess that I saw Mercury much more this apparition than I normally
do. I wanted to check the length of time that it was visible to the naked
eye and I was pleasantly surprised that I saw it for 11 days out of 14 in
early April. At the risk of being relative it is all in knowing where and
when to look and clear skies also. If anybody managed to get a photo of the
phase please post it so the results can be enjoyed by others.

ignore the nospam

Old April 15th 10, 10:36 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
CJ

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
CJ wrote:
Hi all,

Just to say thank you to all the people who responded to my initial
post. I must confess that I saw Mercury much more this apparition than I
normally do. I wanted to check the length of time that it was visible to
the naked eye and I was pleasantly surprised that I saw it for 11 days
out of 14 in early April. At the risk of being relative it is all in
knowing where and when to look and clear skies also. If anybody managed
to get a photo of the phase please post it so the results can be enjoyed
by others.

ignore the nospam

Thanks for the photo taken from Paris. I am afraid that my attempt to use my
camcorder to get the line up failed due to the camera being on auto
settings. Next time I shall use auto settings to line up and focus then
switch to manual settings to open the shutter at maximum opening! But for
now I now have a picture of the lineup to refresh my memory! My brain went
into standby mode in my posting of 14th April what I meant to say was, "At
the risk of being repetitive" but it came out "At the risk of being
relative ".

I shall attempt to take some pictures of Venus to show the shrinking phase
and increasing size of Venus with my LX90 8" coupled to a webcam over the
next few months. If I have any success I will post the results.

ignore the nospam

Elusive Mercury CJ UK Astronomy 6 April 9th 10 11:36 AM
Elusive Mercury CJ UK Astronomy 0 April 8th 10 10:51 AM
Elusive Mercury CJ UK Astronomy 0 April 1st 10 03:47 PM
Elusive Mercury CJ UK Astronomy 4 April 1st 10 03:23 PM
elusive sun nytecam UK Astronomy 3 October 9th 05 01:01 PM