Focus on RA/Dec modeling concluded

Old November 17th 17, 07:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Focus on RA/Dec modeling concluded

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 10:42:29 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 6:30:14 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 11:37:08 PM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

If you have decent intuitive faculties much less a powerful sense of what works and what doesn't, you would be repulsed by that pivoting circle of illumination, a spinning moon, the awful subversion of direct/retrogrades resolutions and many other things.

I fear that your own so-called intuitive facilities have led you far astray, to the point where you cannot understand the beauty of both the solar day and its equation of time

You mean this one as absolute/relative time -

"Absolute time, in astronomy, is distinguished from relative, by the equation of time. For the natural days are truly unequal, though they are commonly considered as equal and used for a measure of time; astronomers correct this inequality for their more accurate deducing of the celestial motions....The necessity of which equation, for determining the times of a phænomenon, is evinced as well from the experiments of the pendulum clock, as by eclipses of the satellites of Jupiter." Principia

What did I tell you about the flaw in Huygen's description of the Equation of Time which is simply a timekeeping facility which anchors each rotation to noon and originally created the average 24 hour day and Lat/Long system in the process.

Glad you think Newton's description of absolute/relative time is still beautiful for you but I 'fear' that will leave you isolated when it comes to relativity which is merely a silly extension of the clockwork solar system. The intuitive faculty informs a person in terms of repulsion or satisfaction in astronomical matters but that is something you do not have and many like you.

Sorry, Gerald, the fact remains that you know very little actual astronomy, and the few subjects that you choose to discuss here are dwarfed by the huge list of astronomy subjects that you don't choose to discuss.... which is just as well, because you would no doubt butcher them, too.
Old November 17th 17, 08:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 6:49:39 PM UTC, palsing wrote:

Sorry, Gerald, the fact remains that you know very little actual astronomy, and the few subjects that you choose to discuss here are dwarfed by the huge list of astronomy subjects that you don't choose to discuss.... which is just as well, because you would no doubt butcher them, too.

You don't get to walk away from something you just called beautiful, in this case Newton's idiosyncratic description of a timekeeping facility known as the Equation of Time.

"Absolute time, in astronomy, is distinguished from relative, by the equation of time. For the natural days are truly unequal, though they are commonly considered as equal and used for a measure of time; astronomers correct this inequality for their more accurate deducing of the celestial motions...The necessity of which equation, for determining the times of a phænomenon, is evinced as well from the experiments of the pendulum clock, as by eclipses of the satellites of Jupiter." Principia

You don't have the intuitive power to untangle assertions that do not work including the description of Huygen's in the matter of the Equation of Time and the orbital period of the Earth much less the 20th century junk that exploited Newton's attempt to make timekeeping look like time.

Don't worry, you can have your slogans, stock phrases and moaning in my direction , many of the insights I brought to humanity will eventually make it into circulation.

Old November 17th 17, 08:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 11:12:21 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

Don't worry, you can have your slogans, stock phrases and moaning in my direction , many of the insights I brought to humanity will eventually make it into circulation.

No, Gerald, they won't, because they are not new insights, like retrograde, for example, and they were already well known, in many cases for centuries already... except for those insights that are 100% inept, of course, like 'the moon doesn't rotate'... and those will never be broadcast beyond this forum and shall fade away soon after you fade away...

Have a great evening, I'm going to go have lunch with my 2 most recent grandchildren...
Old November 18th 17, 06:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 7:24:58 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 11:12:21 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

Don't worry, you can have your slogans, stock phrases and moaning in my direction , many of the insights I brought to humanity will eventually make it into circulation.

No, Gerald, they won't, because they are not new insights, like retrograde, for example, and they were already well known, in many cases for centuries already... except for those insights that are 100% inept, of course, like 'the moon doesn't rotate'... and those will never be broadcast beyond this forum and shall fade away soon after you fade away...

It is said that the awe of Life is the beginning of wisdom and this is true even if the Hebrews used the word Lord or God for that experience. These things are not done to prove people wrong or whether I am right, to be the first to do something or even for future generations, the effort is made because the challenges are there and will always sit uneasily otherwise.

Nothing fades for we pass through existence and take note of those things which existed before we made an appearance on this planet and will exist when we no longer physically influence our world. It is this experience alone where the Christian saying that 'death has no sting' becomes expansive for the connection between the individual and the Universal or man and God is loved in itself. It is why astronomy is so much part of the human journey that I make the effort .

I would see it as Galileo saw it and so it goes for all who wish to help those appreciate the connection between the individual and the Universe -

“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.” Galileo Galilei

Old November 18th 17, 06:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 9:06:21 PM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.” Galileo Galilei

Well, I've tried to do that for you, but you are a master of resistance...
Old November 18th 17, 10:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

All the moaning in my direction is out of place in what is left of this newsgroup although it is expected in the relativity forums where they are all lost in a voodoo labyrinth created by a Royal Society theorist in the 17th century. It is no surprise when the familiar Equation of Time facility turns up as 'absolute/relative time' that there is nobody able to comment on it due to the fact that the early 20th century guys painted themselves into a corner.

It is necessary to revise the entire approach to the Equation of Time because its cause involves two separate rotations to the Sun, one constant and the other variable, however there are many other different facets in order to untangle human timekeeping from the dynamics of the Earth. Will do a short treatise on this.