Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old March 19th 15, 08:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Another nice day here in Gresham. Some high clouds, calm, 56F as of 12:15 PM. Should get up to 64F later.

Got to the library a few minutes before it opened, so took the opportunity to look around the shopping mall behind it built on the ole county fair grounds. It is huge! Dick's Sporting Goods, Joann's Fabrics, Ross Dress For Less, Payless Shoes, Sears, BedMart are just a few of the many stores, all owned by Kimco, the real estate holding company which seems to own most of the malls around here.

One trouble with this library is that logging on is a very slow process and it takes a couple minutes of your time just to do that.

Double-A

Old March 19th 15, 08:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
notroll2015

"Double-A" wrote in message

Another nice day here in Gresham. Some high clouds, calm, 56F as of 12:15
PM. Should get up to 64F later.

Got to the library a few minutes before it opened, so took the opportunity
to look around the shopping mall behind it built on the ole county fair
grounds. It is huge! Dick's Sporting Goods, Joann's Fabrics, Ross Dress
For Less, Payless Shoes, Sears, BedMart are just a few of the many stores,
all owned by Kimco, the real estate holding company which seems to own most
of the malls around here.

One trouble with this library is that logging on is a very slow process and
it takes a couple minutes of your time just to do that.

Double-A

*************
If there's an ill wind blowing, no doubt its source is Hagar's cracker ass.

Old March 20th 15, 04:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 12:29:27 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Another nice day here in Gresham. Some high clouds, calm, 56F as of 12:15 PM. Should get up to 64F later.

Got to the library a few minutes before it opened, so took the opportunity to look around the shopping mall behind it built on the ole county fair grounds. It is huge! Dick's Sporting Goods, Joann's Fabrics, Ross Dress For Less, Payless Shoes, Sears, BedMart are just a few of the many stores, all owned by Kimco, the real estate holding company which seems to own most of the malls around here.

One trouble with this library is that logging on is a very slow process and it takes a couple minutes of your time just to do that.

Double-A

AA Now that you have a roof you should buy a laptop.I like my Samsung. It was not on sale at Walmart,but cost $250 including tax. Its thin.not to big. It runs on crome?? Battery last long time.Its silver metal. If you can swing it its the way to go. TreBert Going to be warm and sunny.
Old March 20th 15, 10:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 8:52:46 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Samsung is a good brand. Otherwise I was thinking of Lonovo. It's Chinese, but it's the IBM PC's successor, has features I like, and is low priced. Have to figure out the most convenient places with Wi-Fi where I can use it. I'm not going to pay for access anymore! Temp 59F as of 2:00 PM here in Gresham. Calm but leaden clouds overhead threaten rain before the day is done.

The bomb incident on the Mt. Hood Highway 26 is still unsolved as far as I know. Bomb squad police, FBI, and ATF agents have been scratching their heads since yesterday. It happened 6 miles past Welches, which makes it 34 miles from here in Gresham. It is almost to Mt. Hood. Seems an unlikely place for anyone to intentionally set off an explosion. But they had the highway blocked off for most of yesterday. Highway 26 is a major connection between eastern and western Oregon. What those over zealous agents don't seem to realize anymore is that in this day and age, "The traffic must flow!"

Double-A

Old March 20th 15, 10:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

Haven't you heard AA?... Glazier, the Face ****ter and
Grave Yard Vandal, swore, just a few hours back,
again, and hot and holy, that he will not post to
alt.astronomy any longer.
Let's see whether Swine Glazier has any spine left,
let alone any brains, ... and comes back to lie again.

Old March 21st 15, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another day with clouds, but some Sun getting through. Rain last night. Now dry and 56F as of 1:15 PM here in beautiful Gresham.

I think I identified the clothing store not far from here that my mom worked in a short while. It's now a furniture store. Still a lot of people trying to eek out a living running small stores and shops here in Gresham.

The explosion incident on the Mt. Hood Highway turned out to be the accidental detonation of some exploding targets. Target shooters know when they hit them from afar when the explode! You can make your own using ammonium nitrate and powdered aluminum. One person was killed, and it left a crater, still it seems something the local police could have handled without calling in the Feds. And I don't see way the highway had to be completely closed for so long. The country is so on edge that it seems every time a tire blows Homeland Security has to be notified!

Double-A

Old March 22nd 15, 10:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 3/21/2015 4:28 PM, Double-A wrote:

The explosion incident on the Mt. Hood Highway turned out to be the accidental detonation of some exploding targets. Target shooters know when they hit them from afar when the explode! You can make your own using ammonium nitrate and powdered aluminum. One person was killed, and it left a crater, still it seems something the local police could have handled without calling in the Feds. And I don't see way the highway had to be completely closed for so long. The country is so on edge that it seems every time a tire blows Homeland Security has to be notified!

Welcome to the future.

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!
Old March 22nd 15, 03:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Be going to Vegas soon and using the John Wayne airport.I find the bigger the airport the longer wait. I would drive but 15 is a killer. Been cool at the beach. Seeing big guns in Fullerton today. Have a new worker who does airconditioning. He has own truck etc. Its a plan. TreBert
Old March 22nd 15, 04:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

ROTFLMAO! LIAR Glazier "G=EMC^2TreBert"
the spineless
Swine swore hot and holy, some then 24 hrs ago
that he will NOT post to alt.astronomy anymore,
only to come back to announce that "G=EMC^2"
means
## "Glazier Exhibits Micro Cephalic Cretinism" ##
with which Cretin Glazier had PLANS like these:
"Be going to Vegas soon. Seeing big guns in Fullerton today.
Have a new worker who does airconditioning. Its a plan. TreBert"

But, "What are they gonna say when Hebe-Herbie dies?
Are they gonna say he was a kind man? He was a wise man?
He had plans?
He has wisdom? BULL****, MAN!"...
(see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAixFYnDh4)

.... Hebe Herbie DID HAVE PLANS which he posted

(3)
on 07-Feb 2015 & on 08-Feb2015 when.:
the Jewish swine wrote:
Harlow HVAC, Saul Levy & Benj, I'll be sitting on
your face to take a **** & say: "Open wide"... after..

(2)
On 06-Dec-2014, Hebe Herbie said to
"benj" : Reality is you
always post under me for you are an ass kisser.
For Christmas I'll **** on your kisser.
Benj, you can thank me in advance. - TreBert... after

(1)
On 25-Mar-2008 Swine Glazier wrote in:
https://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/msg/3ffe7b2257cf8a9a
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sci.physics/uYtpFTRnW4k/morPVyJ7_j8J
Hanson, I will **** on your grave. And have a
good laugh when it seeps down on your face. -- Bert.

Old March 22nd 15, 10:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 7:40:54 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Be going to Vegas soon and using the John Wayne airport.I find the bigger the airport the longer wait. I would drive but 15 is a killer. Been cool at the beach. Seeing big guns in Fullerton today. Have a new worker who does airconditioning. He has own truck etc. Its a plan. TreBert

As long as you are growing (in your business), you are not dying.

Light rain today here in Gresham. Now 53F as of 2:30 PM PDT.

Should soon be trout season, but I have no way to get to the streams. But someday soon I will. I am growing each day too. Applied for a credit card yesterday!

Some guy sitting near me thinks he has cosmic powers and keeps talking out loud. It is very distracting.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM