Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old March 14th 17, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

A miserably rainy, squally day here in Gresham! When I went out in it, I almost turned around and went back home! But then I thought, what the hell! But at least it is warmer than a few weeks ago, and the daffodils are coming into bloom. Current temp 55F as of 1:15 PM PDT. South wind at 9 mph, but with much harder sudden gusts! Humidity 88%. Precipitation 98%!

I hear that the Midwest and east coast is being buried in snow! A final nail in the coffin of global warming, I guess!

The ink cartridge for my printer arrived that I ordered really cheap from Amazon.com, so now I can really get down to business!

Double-A

Old March 16th 17, 09:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A rare sunny day here in Gresham. Scattered puffy clouds. No wind. Current temp 50F. A much better day than when I went to lunch with Kim yesterday. A strong south wind blew rain into my face and tried to destroy my umbrella!

I am so glad I have gotten my printer ink cartridges so reasonably, $12 95 for both of them, new and sealed in factory boxes! I ran across an invoice on my computer from over 10 years ago stating that I paid $79.98 when I ordered them directly from Xerox!

Double-A

Old March 17th 17, 07:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Top o' the mornin' to ya! It's St. Paddy's Day at last!

A drizzly rain coming down here in green ol' Gresham. Temp only 44F as of 11:30 AM PDT. Calm. Came in a little early, so I can start celebrating early!

Wishing you all the best of the Day!

Double-A

Old March 18th 17, 12:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

What is Kim using for a car? How old is Kim?Did she have an Oregon lic.? At 85 and turning in my MA.lic ,and State Farm for 67 years I got a hard time,and a month of it.Had to study two books.Had to have a Highway cop check out the 93 Dodge van.WOW Cool sunny,and had my lobsters early. Driving in LA is no fun. Most don't have ins. I been told.They jump lane. I went through a yellow light,and said WOW I just made it,and looked in rear mirror and 5 cars came through after me.Get the picture TreBert
Old March 18th 17, 03:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Herbert Glazier" wrote in message

[...]

******************
You also have to deal with Hagar's biker gang moving in from the east.
http://webpages.charter.net/notroll2015/

Old March 18th 17, 10:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 4:21:51 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Kim doesn't have a car, but needs to renew her Oregon Driver's before an entire year passes since it expired in order to avoid the tests. That's the way Oregon law works. She is a few years younger than I am. Yeah, a lot of those Mexican drivers don't have insurance, and probably don't have driver's licenses either. They drive junker cars, so when they get stopped, and the cars get towed, they just buy another one.

The morning rain has stopped and only a light mist remains. A light fog hangs over the hills of Gresham. Now 48F as of 2:15 PM PDT. Wind 4 mph out of the northwest. Humidity 83%.

They just started a loud performance by an operatic singer accompanied by a piano here in the library! Whatever happened to the idea that a library is supposed to be quiet!

Double-A

Old March 19th 17, 02:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

Singer an piano at the library WOW.Do they need a stand up for laughs?Cool and Sunny and Sandy disapeared. People asking me for jobs every day.What can I say. TreBert
Old March 19th 17, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 6:39:30 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

Singer an piano at the library WOW.Do they need a stand up for laughs?Cool and Sunny and Sandy disapeared. People asking me for jobs every day.What can I say. TreBert

The male singer was followed up by a female operatic singer whose voice was even more ear piercing and annoying! Sometimes the have had guitar playing singers, children's choruses, and even mariachi bands on Cinco de Mayo!

Hope you can soon get your shops open and put people to work. The country needs it.

A rare sunny day here in Gresham. Maybe because we are getting so close to the beginning of Spring! Currently 47F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Was a low of 34F at 6 this morning. Wind hardly noticeable out of the northeast.

Double-A

Old March 20th 17, 08:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

First day of spring! As of 12:30 PM it is now 52F. Was 53F a minute ago. East wind at 20 mph, though it felt to me as though it was coming right out of the north. First sprinkle of rain were hitting my face, as the weather is ramping up for a wetter afternoon. Soon the farmers' markets will be opening, and fresh veggies (hothouse grown) will once again be available!

Time of year to look for the old fishing poles!

Double-A

Old March 21st 17, 10:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

49F in downtown Gresham as of 1:45 PM PDT. East wind at 13 mph. Has stopped raining. Some sun poking through.

Oregon has announced it's unemployment rate is down to an historically low 4%. One only has to look at all the homeless in the parks and streets, and the fact that Portland is planning to build "little houses" in peoples back yards to house the destitute, to realize how phony this figure is!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM