The U.S. is going up in smoke

Old September 9th 20, 10:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default The U.S. is going up in smoke

The inexistent global warming (a chinese invention) is not the cause of
the forest fires burning as never before in recorded history in california.

People there worke up to orange skies and a dark day where the sun
doesn't shine any more.

This all is nothing serious, just "a chinese invention" as someone said.

The inexistent global warming has provoked temperatures of over 50
degrees centigrade (121 F) a few days ago in Los Angeles. Of course this
is just an unhappy coincidence.

Over the years, I have written about that in this group, with all the
usual culprits telling me about the nonsense I spread.

The warnings arrived at deaf ears, and even today, with the terrible
evidence bare for all to see, the same people will go on denying.

The U.S. is a car driven by a drunken driver, accelerating to a cliff,
and no passanger seems to notice where the thing is heading.

Good luck!

You will need it.

Old September 9th 20, 10:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

[...]

Actually, I believe all I usually say to your posts like this is, "Off
topic!". Others, who have a more conservative bent and don't mind going
wildly off-topic usually attacked you directly. But, since I've had a
hard day at work, I'll indulge this one just a *tiny* bit. :-)

NASA's earth observation spacecraft have played a critical role in
gathering the data needed for climate scientists to reach their
conclusions (which are quite overwhelming). As such, I fully support
the continuation of NASA "owning" its own earth observation spacecraft.
I do not want that "ownership" transferred to another US Government
agency (like NOAA or similar).

And that's all I have to say on the topic in this forum in order to keep
it relevant to sci.space.*. If you want my opinions on other topics,
follow me on Twitter. A search for an account under the name "Jeffrey
Findley" ought to find me straight away (Findley isn't a terribly common
spelling of my family's name). It's also quite obvious from my user-
name on Twitter that I have a thing for "space".

Jeff
Old September 10th 20, 12:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Dean Markley

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article , says...

[...]

Nicely stated, Jeff. Thanks!

Dean
Old September 11th 20, 06:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

1) NASA, its true, has played a critical role. But credits for the Earth
observation campaigns is disappearing. Space.com reported in February:

In the Trump administration's federal budget request for 2021, proposes
the cancellation of two NASA telescopes, two Earth science satellites
and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) engagement
efforts.

2) I have a feeling of desperation after all this years of warning
people, of trying by all my very limoited means, to stop this crazy
attitude of denial to see that it will be much worst than the direst
warnings I made 10 years ago. We are experiencing the temperatures that
were supposed to happen in 2100 if nothing was done. And now the whole
world is starting to burn, from Australia to the Amazon, the U.S.
Siberia, forest fires are accelerating global warming by spewing tons
and tons of CO2 to the atmosphere.

And we go on and nothing changes. Yes, this is (maybe) off topic. The
planet is off topic.

jacob
Old September 11th 20, 10:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Le 09/09/2020 Ă* 23:07, jacob navia a Ă©critÂ*:
[...]

The New York times:
The point of this column [is] to convey the desperation that so many
Americans are feeling right now. It’s an anxiety that deepens each year.
One that turns cloudless summer days in July into harbingers of misery.
It’s a psychological toll, as much as it is physical. One that, while
you’re living through it, renders it difficult to see a healthy future
for the earth through all the smoke.
Old September 22nd 20, 09:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 9/9/2020 5:07 PM, jacob navia wrote: Good luck! You will need it.

In 300 years no one reading this today will care.

Dave

Scopkes and smoke Adrian Parker UK Astronomy 6 January 20th 06 05:58 PM
HOLY SMOKE! Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 October 21st 05 01:36 PM
Moon & Smoke? Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 June 23rd 05 06:36 AM
smoke 'em (in orbit) if you got 'em Blaze Garlan` Astronomy Misc 0 March 12th 05 03:44 PM
"Frozen Smoke" G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 16 December 10th 03 09:34 AM