Lunar pictures

Old April 11th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Lunar pictures

Hi,

Three clear evenings last week :-D
The first ones since at least two monthes. What's more, the turbulence was
quite low on the first two nights, a little bit higher on Friday.
So, I've imaged the Moon with the Toucam at the prime focus of the C8,
fitted with an IR-cut filter.
The results are here, if you're interested :
Wednesday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon7d.html
Thursday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon8d.html
Friday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon9d.html

and as a bonus, a close-up of the three craters Ptolemaeus, Alphonsus and
Arzachel taken with a 2x barlow.
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Images_l/alphonsus.jpg

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================

Old April 11th 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Hi,

Three clear evenings last week :-D
The first ones since at least two monthes. What's more, the turbulence was
quite low on the first two nights, a little bit higher on Friday.
So, I've imaged the Moon with the Toucam at the prime focus of the C8,
fitted with an IR-cut filter.
The results are here, if you're interested :
Wednesday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon7d.html
Thursday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon8d.html
Friday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon9d.html

and as a bonus, a close-up of the three craters Ptolemaeus, Alphonsus and
Arzachel taken with a 2x barlow.
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Images_l/alphonsus.jpg

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)

Beautiful - thanks for posting them.

Dennis

Old April 11th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Stunning as ever,

many thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Andy

Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS

Old April 11th 06, 06:56 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon7d.html
Thursday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon8d.html
Friday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon9d.html

http://images.ciel.free.fr/Images_l/alphonsus.jpg

Beautiful! Great detail. Thanks for sharing.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon? If so, try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

If you enjoy optics, try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ATM_Optics_Software/

Old April 11th 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:09:00 +0200, "Norbert"
wrote:

Hi,

Three clear evenings last week :-D
The first ones since at least two monthes. What's more, the turbulence was
quite low on the first two nights, a little bit higher on Friday.
So, I've imaged the Moon with the Toucam at the prime focus of the C8,
fitted with an IR-cut filter.
The results are here, if you're interested :
Wednesday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon7d.html
Thursday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon8d.html
Friday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon9d.html

and as a bonus, a close-up of the three craters Ptolemaeus, Alphonsus and
Arzachel taken with a 2x barlow.
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Images_l/alphonsus.jpg

Superb - you are the master of the mosaic Norbert!!
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old April 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Best Lunar images I've seen for a long long while.
Superb

Old April 11th 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Philip Thompson nous a donc écrit :

Best Lunar images I've seen for a long long while.
Superb

Thank you, everybody.
I'm only waiting for next clear night, now )

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================

Old April 11th 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Norbert wrote:
Hi,

Three clear evenings last week :-D

Norbert,

Fantastic images, Thank you.

TBerk

Old April 11th 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Norbert" wrote in message
[...]

Most excellent. I salute you.

George

Old April 11th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Norbert" wrote in message
Philip Thompson nous a donc écrit :

Best Lunar images I've seen for a long long while.
Superb

Thank you, everybody.
I'm only waiting for next clear night, now )

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================
knowing the universe - stellar and galaxies evolution
http://nrumiano.free.fr
images of the sky http://images.ciel.free.fr

Next time you shot the moon, so to speak, may I request that you try to get
some images of the Aristarchus Plataeu, please? That is an especially
interesting location, one that would likely show some great detail with
your setup. TIA! If you aren't familiar with that feature, here is a link
to some images that should show you where it is located:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Ar...st art=0&sa=N

George