Favorite Sci-FI

Old November 18th 03, 01:21 AM
Wargamer Scott

Default Favorite Sci-FI

--
Greetings,

Anybody read any good science fiction lately? Anything that captures
the essence of our astronomy adventure? The last good book I read was
MOONFALL by Jack McDevitt. I cannot say enough good things about this great
book concerning the destruction of our moon by a errant comet. Terrific
reading---doubly so as an amateur astronomer is the one who first spots the
impending disaster. :-)

Condemned to the Games,
S.D. Tortorice
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing. The decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing
is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he
is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal
safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made free or
kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."---John Stuart Mill

Old November 18th 03, 03:30 AM
CeeBee

"Wargamer Scott" wrote in
alt.astronomy:

Anything that captures the essence of our astronomy adventure

snip

concerning the destruction of our moon by a errant comet.

Do you have any knowledge we missed lately?

--
CeeBee

"I am not a crook"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old November 18th 03, 03:38 AM
Starlord

I've read many sci-fi books, and now have tried my hand at writing short stories

Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop

[...]