Another classic anti-Oriel diatribe!

Old March 22nd 13, 12:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Nicholson

Default Another classic anti-Oriel diatribe!

Sam Testers - December 20 2008

"I am dealing with a particularly bad situation that has definite
technical roots but unfortunately is now the dominant view with no
institution willing or capable of dealing with it."

This is a common thought of those with psychosis. The idea that your
thoughts are the only ones that are correct and no one elses is, and
you also fail to understand why no one embraces your thoughts when you
know them to be true.

"The proposed 'fact' and the reasoning behind it is so bad as to
constitute a major catastrophe for humanity and its ability to
reason,least I be accused of exaggeration ..."-

Psychotic individuals tend to see most life as extreme- either a
disaster or total peace and nothing in between.

"I have also moved to a position where the weakminded can continue
believing......."

Again, the psychosis reveals everyone else as the "enemy" where you
are outside of those boundaries.

"...... even though no sane astronomer believes it,again,that belief
is equivalent to a flat Earth 'fact'...."

Again, an absolute with no room for compromise or reason. It simply
does not make sense to the psychotic mind.

"....personally I think magnifcation through a microscope can be just
as interesting as a telescope however you
lack the ability to interpret imaging or motions hence your title of
'astrologer'.The problem is that there are so many of your kind."

Again, everyone else is outside of your realm or "sphere of existence"
and cannot penetrate it.

I'm glad that there seems to be at least some evidence presented
within that you are beginning to acknowledge the extent of your
psychosis. You acknowledge that you are in a "bad situation" and may
in fact be "exaggerating". You have taken the first step toward a
cure! Now, it's more important then ever to see a psychiatrist IF you
feel that further treatment is needed. If not, there may be other
underlying causes for your
symptoms that you can begiin to investigate in small, sequential
steps.