President Bush / Astro - Relevant

Old September 15th 03, 07:39 PM

Default President Bush / Astro - Relevant

Hi,

I haven¹t posted to sci.astro.amateur for a while. But I have been a
"lurker" and have enjoyed much of the information about telescopes, and
the little bit about Astronomy.

But - to George Bush and the latest threads regarding his grades and
qualifications - and his intelligence. This is not only about
Astronomy but also and more so about a very close relative of it -
Evolution. In this case Evolution Science¹s continual battle against
the onslaught of Scientific Creationism believers, mostly the Moron
Far Right but also some Stupid Lefters too. But among political
leaders actively pushing it, mostly the Right Wing. Creationists label
their (theory) Science so that it may possibly sneak through the
courts, because their goal is to pass legislation which forces schools
to teach Creationism (Bible stories) alongside Evolution in science
classes, and our US Constitution wisely forbids that. Creationism
Theory is the modern equivalent of (as far as being Science) Flat Earth
Theory. The world was created approximately five or so thousands of
years ago, so goes its main tenet. A 5,000 year old universe would
present a lot of problems with current Cosmology Theory. Unless The
Creationists' deity is tricking us, we should not be able to see any
stars, or galaxies, or anything, farther than around 5,000 light years
away, because their light would not have reached us yet. Those damn
Cepheid Variables must be The Big Guy's little jokes.

Our wonderful President, George W. Bush, along with his Sheriff, John
Ashcroft, also believes that Creationism should be taught alongside
Evolution in science classes. To those (astronomers) who believe in
Creationism, I would guess that you¹re looking at the world through the
wrong end of your telescope, which would decrease resolution
significantly and would make the ³what really is² harder to see. For
those pocketbook-first Right Wingers, who really know better, and yet
still praise Bush and his myopic and astigmatic judgment, wake up and
see who and what you're lying in bed with. And how much you have to
lie to yourselves to excuse him.

But there's more. The greatest Republican ever, so Right Wingers
claim, was President Ronald Reagan. However, Reagan also believed that
the Bible should be taught alongside Evolution (if Evolution should be
even taught at all). And whom is Bush trying to load the Courts with?
His favorite Supreme Court Justice is Antonin Scalia, the wisest of the
wise. In Louisiana, where I live, in the 1980's, we (I abstained)
tried to legislate Creationism into our laws and we took it all the way
to the US Supreme Court. See Edwards VS Aguillard, 1987. Creationism
lost (thank a deity). But there were two dissenters. Can you guess
whom? Justice Scalia, along with Justice Rehnquist, another Bush
favorite, thought and ruled that Creationism should be taught alongside
Evolution, and in science classes.

Around that same time, however, there was another politician, who was
speaking out against the then current legislative attacks by
Creationism advocates. I had never heard of him before that. Guess
who! None other than that terrible Bill Clinton, Governor of Arkansas,
the scourge of Right Wing America as seen against that shining
Supernova of Wisdom, George W. Bush.

If the world was created 5,000 years ago, I guess that means President
Bush was born yesterday. Hey, maybe it was.

Clear skies without cloudy heads,

Linwood Albarado
Old September 15th 03, 08:07 PM
Al

Why don't you continue to lurk until you have something relvant to
contribute regarding astronomy! Until then, screw off.

Al

Old September 15th 03, 09:16 PM
Wayne Howell

wrote: a whole lot of verbal dribble.....

Please, crawl back into your hole and go back to lurk mode!

Old September 15th 03, 09:38 PM
Brian Tung

Al wrote:
That's an interesting point of view, but it makes [sic, doesn't make?]
a lot of sense to me...and I don't mean this as a flame. As a matter
of fact, not posting a post on which one is commenting is really sort
of silly, as anyone who reads the post knows not what you're talking
about.

I think Esmail's point was that your comment was entirely dismissive,
and didn't address the content of the post (except to say it wasn't
relevant). As such, the post itself doesn't need to remain. Esmail
quoted your post (but not the original post) presumably to illustrate
that it didn't need the original post.

In general, of course, it's good Usenet practice to include as much
of the post as is necessary to establish context for the response.
If someone habitually responds without quoting any of the original
post, that merely trades in bandwidth for comprehension.

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt
Old September 15th 03, 11:01 PM

Hello Al (& Wayne),

Sorry, but I think my post is relevant.

However, your counter argument, as was Wayne Howell's in another post:
...Please, crawl back into your hole and go back to lurk mode!...)

were very well thought out, I admit. I guess I will be spending the
night tending the new asshole you and Wayne have ripped me.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Linwood

Old September 15th 03, 11:13 PM
Edward

wrote in message ...
Hello Al (& Wayne),

Sorry, but I think my post is relevant.

However, your counter argument, as was Wayne Howell's in another post:
...Please, crawl back into your hole and go back to lurk mode!...)

were very well thought out, I admit. I guess I will be spending the
night tending the new asshole you and Wayne have ripped me.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Linwood

)
Other than that, have you been getting much observing in?

Ed

Old September 15th 03, 11:21 PM
Phil Wheeler

wrote:
Hello Al (& Wayne),

Sorry, but I think my post is relevant.

NOT to the subject of this Forum (Astonomy)

Old September 16th 03, 12:35 AM
Bill G.

There you go, Linwood, speaking the truth about the Lunatic Right. You will
simply **** them off, and they will retaliate by calling you "biased" and,
shudder, "liberal."

Bill G.