Non Euclidean Geometry

Old October 24th 08, 11:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Non Euclidean Geometry

Tricky stuff to think about. When we first think of geometry that guy
Euclid jumps in. He had this to say two parrel lines will never meet.
2000 years went by and this was found not true(by a Russian
mathematician.) Forgot his name I loved making a Mobius twist and
cutting it down the middle. Even cut it down the middle again to see
what would happen ,and was equally amazed. I even visualized a Kline
bottle could be made by Zipped two Mobius stripes together.. Would like
to add more to this post. When thoughts jump in. Or be my quest. Some
how singularity keeps jumping in ??? Maybe I get singularity as
having no real volume Mobius twist has only one face,and one edge. Best
to keep in mind much of GR comes out of todays geometry. TreBert

Old October 26th 08, 07:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 24, 3:46*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Tricky stuff to think about. When we first think of geometry that guy
Euclid jumps in. He had this to say two parrel lines will never meet.
2000 years went by and this was found not true(by a Russian
mathematician.) Forgot his name * I loved making a Mobius twist and
cutting it down the middle. Even cut it down the middle again to see
what would happen ,and was equally amazed. *I even visualized a Kline
bottle could be made by Zipped two Mobius stripes together.. Would like
to add more to this post. When thoughts jump in. Or be my quest. *Some
how singularity keeps jumping in ??? * *Maybe I get singularity as
having no real volume Mobius twist has only one face,and one edge. Best
to keep in mind much of GR comes out of todays geometry. TreBert

Euclid never said anything about parallel lines. What he really said
was,

"If two lines are drawn which intersect a third in such a way that the
sum of the inner angles on one side is less than two right angles,
then the two lines inevitably must intersect each other on that side
if extended far enough."

The paralell postulate was later revisionist geometry, perhaps a straw
man more easy for the non-Euclidians to shoot down!

Double-A

Old October 26th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double A Thanks for clearing that up. Its tricky stuff. Einstein did
more for space shape than any other person. I added my convex curve.
Naturally I have to like saddle shape for the universe. It fits TreBert

Old October 28th 08, 07:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 26, 3:46*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double A Thanks for clearing that up. Its tricky stuff. *Einstein did
more for space shape than any other person. I added my convex curve.
Naturally I have to like saddle shape for the universe. It fits *TreBert

Nice to think God is in the saddle.

Double-A

Old October 28th 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double A I am high in the saddle. You really do not need a saddle if
your a raw hide.Do queer cowboys use a side saddle. I would not trust
two cowboys on one saddle. Do they take turns who rides up back? Do
they have gay horses? Is it more fun rustling sheep than cows? Do
they use their spurs? Reality is I was once in a gay cowboy bar in
Needles Ca. It was a very funny story. TreBert

Old October 29th 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Non Euclidean Geometry & Fractals

Hope every one watched NOVA last night. What I got out of it was mother
nature must have used a computer to construct the universe. On our great
computers we can create geometric land shapes The heart of FRACTAL are
they are self similar at different scales. Seems this guy(genius)
Mandelbrot created a computer graphics showing fractals were not
random,but have sequences that yield detailed intricate features that
get smaller and smaller yet have the same structure(appearance)
Fractals are seen in the structure of plants,clouds,distribution of
galaxy clusters,stockmarket,Ooops almost forgot coastlines(like British
) It was a great NOVA show. I with throw my own thought in Fractals
of the universe are its galaxies. Fractals of the cosmos are its
universes. It all fits go figure I love fractals Do you? TreBert
Ps The three dimensional spiral fractal image in those beutiful colors
is breath taking it is derived from the Julia Set This NOVA show was
so interesting I took notes

Old October 29th 08, 06:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 28, 12:40*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double A *I am high in the saddle. *You really do not need a saddle if
your a raw hide.Do queer cowboys use a side saddle. I would not trust
two cowboys on one saddle. Do they take turns who rides up back? *Do
they have gay horses? * * *Is it more fun rustling sheep than cows? * Do
they use their spurs? * Reality is I was once in a gay cowboy bar in
Needles Ca. It was a very funny story. * TreBert

Have you ever seen how they gather semen for artificial insemination?

Yup! Gay bulls.

Double-A

Geometry Brian Gaff Space Shuttle 2 October 27th 07 07:12 AM
Dome Geometry? Davoud Amateur Astronomy 7 December 26th 05 07:21 PM
Geometry in the sky Johan Astronomy Misc 14 September 30th 04 09:28 AM
Geometry Question Davoud Amateur Astronomy 29 June 1st 04 09:15 AM
Geometry and Leveling... -- Thanks! Davoud Amateur Astronomy 0 April 11th 04 10:51 PM