Unbelievable time required to cover immense distances of space

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 16th 21, 07:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default Unbelievable time required to cover immense distances of space

In alt.astronomy a425couple wrote:
Unbelievable time required to cover immense distances of space
for the graphics and clear descriptions go to:
go to
https://www.facebook.com/15168010484...64293880255018
Vision of space travel from 100 years ago, guessing 83 days
to the Moon. Even then we saw that engines are the key.
Imagine, when this was published in 1918, someone might have read
it as a 10 year-old and dreamed about space travel in centuries far,
far away in the future and then this person was still only 61 when
mankind landed on the moon.
Really amazing what happened in that century!

I'm not a spring chicken myself and I remember my grandmother
telling us about growing up in the late 19th cent. No radio. No cars.
No aircraft. No antibiotics. Doctors didnt wash their hands.